2007 hyundai accent + compustar cs6102 as

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jim saunders 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
I would very much appreciate a little help with this:
Everything is in properly as far as I know. Yes, this is my first. The car is a Canadian car if that matters, 3 doors, no power locks/windows, no chip in the key.
I have it set to tach sense, and I get one blink when I learn it. With it unlocked, it starts on the first crank, runs about five seconds and then the remote double-beeps twice and the car shuts off.
With it locked it doesn't start at all, it just tries three times and then gives err 08. I (temporarily) connected a relay to replace the factory starter relay and triggered it with the yellow/black line from the module, and with that the car starts as if it was unlocked.
I have the ORANGE / white wire on the 12 pin connector attached to the WHITE/ black wire on the 20 pin connector on the BCM. That pin has 12 volts on it at all times.
Any ideas out there? I'd be grateful.
Jim
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2013 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
this is what i found for dis-arm-
Factory Alarm Disarm      WHITE/ black (driver door key unlock)double pulse       driver kick, blue 42 pin plug, pin 33- TEST this wire while turning the Key in the Drivers Door Key Cylinder
If it learned tach successfully it should stay running:are you sure there's no chip in the key?
jim saunders 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. The car starts and runs with an Ilco replacement key, and that is why I have no reason to think there is a chip in it.
It has a switch for the reminder chime that makes when you put the key in and a bunch of extra cavities on the connector for it though.
My next step is to unplug the harness - the big 8-pin one - and see if it works that way; I'm pretty sure I have an input wrong somewhere.
I'll try that and post again.
Thanks again.
Jim
jim saunders 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ok further news:
I unplugged the big 8-pin connector and used jumpers to essentially hot-wire the car; It started and ran fine, which indicates that the car doesn't car about key sense or a transponder.
I tried tachless to see if it was a tach issue, but the same result: It starts, runs a moment then shuts down. I put it back to tach sense, and it learned ok.
Anyone have any ideas please?
Jim
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

Sure sounds like a transponder bypass issue.  According to "internet info" all Canadian market vehicle were required to have an immobilizer system starting in 2007.  We need a Canadian installer to chime in to verify this ( I'm in the States. ).

Is the Ilco key just an all metal plain key or does it have a plastic/rubber head section?  If it does, you could try wrapping the head of the key with 4 or 5 layers of aluminum foil and try a key start-up.  You could also try a remote start with the un-wrapped key head held right next to the ignition switch.  During your "hot wire" test was the key anywhere near the ignition switch?  ( The main ignition harness not include the transponder wires.)

Could you list your Compustar heavy gauge wire connections to the vehicle?

Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

Tho i don't know compustar, i know Hyundais very well. From what you describe the issue sounds like a tach problem, what are you using for tach? Injector wires work well.

Like Kreg, i thought all Canadian cars had immobilizers, but if you can jump the ignition harness and it starts obviously that's not the case.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jim saunders 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again for the time. The car had an aftermarket immobilizer installed crudely, but for not being necessary here I removed it. The car functions normally without it.
I'll map out all the connections toward the end of the week (I'm out of town on business) and be glad for feedback then, but for now what does it tell me that the car shuts off when I take the key out when it should stay running?
Jim
jim saunders 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Also the key has the plastic cover on it but I googled the part number on it and they're about four bucks each; I can't see them having a chip at that price. When I more or less hot-wired it the keys were in the car but either on the seat or on the console; I doubt they were close enough to matter. The next chance I get I'll try holding it up to the lock to be sure.
Jim
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have both accessory wires connected? I wouldn't think they would matter for keeping it running, but it's something to verify. Also try a stop and go (pit stop). Remote start it with the key in the ignition (listen for a click of the remote start relay) then remove the key and see if it stays running.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
specs 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

Hello Jim, funnily enough I just  completed an install on this exact vehicle yesterday, although with a Viper Responder One. Sounds like your Accent is the exact same model as my daughters'.....2007 2-door hatchback, no immobilizer, no power locks etc. I'm at the office at the moment, so don't have access to my notes at home but from memory these are the connections made...everything working fine, fired right up first try! Main harness consisted of two 12v feeds, one ignition, one starter and two accessory, all at the main ignition harness under steering column. Tach signal was taken at white 42 pin plug immediately left of fusebox (pin 32, green wire), parking lights (-) grabbed at blue 20 pin plug under headlight switch on steering column ( pin 10, red wire), brake signal at grey 18 pin plug, vehicle fusebox (pin 2, green wire), and of course hoodpin and proper grounds. I'll check my notes when I get home this evening and make sure I'm remembering this properly.......if I can be of any further help, let me know. Al

As far as a transponder bypass is concerned, I simply called the local hyundai dealer and had him check last 8 #'s of the VIN.....he was able to tell me that this Accent had no chipped key. Can't speak for all Canadian market '07 Accents though!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic