icon

looking for box and sub ideas 99 f250 ext

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
78 lemans 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a 99 F250 super duty ext cab, I am looking for box and sub ideas to fit under the rear seat as I need to retain the seat.
I currently have two svc pioneer 12's that I was powering with an Alpine MRP-M850 800w rms @ 2ohms. I still have that amp as well as a Planet audio RXD 1000 mono amp. 1000w rms at 1ohm, 750w @ 2ohm, 500w @ 4ohm.
Would like to use the Planet audio with a couple dvc subs wired to 1ohm but not dead set on it.
Basically looking to see what people have done and how it turned out sound wise. Forward facing, down firing, etc?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
buy the probox for that truck. it fits under the seat and you can fit two modest 12's in it.
78 lemans 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2013 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
buy the probox for that truck. it fits under the seat and you can fit two modest 12's in it.
Is probox the brand to look for?
Do the face forward or down?
How do they sound?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
probox is the brand. www.proboxrocks.com is the website. the subs face downward and it is probably the best pre fabricated box you can buy that is not already loaded with a sub woofer. on that note, dont expect it to be cheap, its not crazy expensive but expect to pay around $200. the way they are built makes them strong and because they are coated with a bedliner type material.
other regular wooden boxes can be weak because in order to give you enough airspace or physical space for the subs to fit in, they need to make the box out of thin wood and they usually only use glue to hold the box together.
it will sound good if you buy sub woofers to match the given airspace of the box. if you dont match the subs well to the amount of airspace the box offers then you risk the subs sounding bad.
i also recommend that you lay down some sound dampening material under the carpet where the box will go to lessen the sound of vibrations under the truck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic