icon

remote start tach wire connection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
michelin 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Tachometer NOT blk/wht, black or yel/blk (ac) any ignition coil or fuel injector "
This is in the directions and do not understand what it means? I wanted to connect tach wire to dashboard tach wire feed. Car 2012 honda civic. Has large tach and was going to connect to it's tach wire. Not sure now.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mar
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
If you can get a wiring diagram for the cluster and can find the tach input and it tests correctly you MAY be able to use it. But it is far easier to just go to any of the ignition coils or fuel injectors. All of the coils or all of the injectors (whichever you decide to use) will have one common wire... either BLACK/ white or yellow/black and one uncommon colored wire. Connect the tach wire to any of the uncommon colored wires.
What remote start and bypass are you using?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
michelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2013 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the response offroadzj. It's a 6200S compustar with blade-AL flashed.
Mar
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
If it's flashed with DL-HA3 then it should provide the tach signal and no extra connection should be required. Once everything else is connected, try learning the tach signal and see if it learns. I just did a newer Civic not long ago and the tach worked great off the Blade AL. The new Honda's are a cake walk with that bypass. Pretty much every aspect of the installation (locks, alarm, door status, trunk release, hood status, tach, etc) are all provided through the Blade AL so you don't have to make any of those connections...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

There is no tach wire on the cluster as the factory tach is ran thru Can data, but as Kenny states you already have tach if your flashed correctly. If you do need it, the injector on the far right side of the motor has a yellow wire, use that.

Side note, the new Accord has a wire on OBD2 connector in the exact same spot as the tach wire on all Toyotas. Since it's a universal connector it seems logical that this wire would be tach on the Accord too, but it doesn't work. I'm a little stumped as to why...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
offroadzj 
Posted: February 22, 2013 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

There is no tach wire on the cluster as the factory tach is ran thru Can data

After I posted I thought about that... damn new cars and all this data crap... haha.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
michelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj, thanks for the reply great stuff. Right now just prepping mentally before diving in. Do have a question for you though. I saw your pictorial for 2007 civic, and you used tach wire and blade al. Why on my car would no tach wire need to be hooked up? I also read d-d is not as good as wire to wire. I do not know what d- d or w-w means. I read plugging harness from by-pass to brain is d-d, whereas connecting those wires to car instead is w-w. How it relates to blade and 6200 not sure. Also, I read the parking lights on 2012 civic has 2 wires in kicker panel that are(+) and one is higher current than other and if used can damage dash lights such as tach light. Any idea?
Thanks,
Mar
michelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2013 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, wires at kicker are (-).
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

As Kenny mentioned, the iDatalink Blade AL flashed with the Blade AL(DL) HA3 firmware supplies

a tach signal to the Compustar brain via its' internal pin connections.  There is no need to run a Tach
wire from the Compustar to the vehicle.  Additionally there is a difference between the 2007 and 2012
Civic's and the Blade firmware ( Blade AL(DL) HA2  for the 2007 Civic ).

As for the Parking Lights, I have found it easier ( and safer ) to go to the headlight switch and grab the

(-) Parking Light wire.  Here is the info from Ready Remote :
Parking Lights(-)      Gray (-)         @ headlight switch, 12 pin plug, pin 8

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Mike, pin 9 on DLC? Just found the same with a Nissan Navaro (Frontier).
I've always assumed that was tach, BMW, Toyota, Range Rover etc. BUT it's optional and on early OBD it was marked for "data stream".
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic