icon

2005 honda pilot remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
petef 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
I installed an Avital 4103 and Xpresskit DBALL in my 2005 honda pilot. I have 3 problems, a domelight problem, a keyless entry problem, and an alarm problem.
Keyless Entry Problem:
The OEM key cannot unlock and lock the doors when the car is remote started. I have heard that you can cut the Pilot's yellow wire to the keyless module and connect the Avital 4103 yellow (+) wire to this keyless module to make the OEM remote unlock and lock the doors when the car is remote started.
Domelight problem:
The domelight stays on as we all know with these hondas. It seems I can program the ignition controlled lock to "on" in the Avital and this should solve the problem.
Alarm problem:
When the car is remote started with the alarm armed, the alarm goes off.
This is where I don't know what to do. I have heard there are ways to have the remote starter unlock the doors (disarms the alarm), remote start, and then lock the doors. How can I do this?
Does this all sound like a solid plan?
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

Not familiar with that brand alarm first hand but if you have a pulse before start/OEM alarm disarm wire it can be hooked to BLACK/ red Pin 3 top center plug in passenger fuse box. This wire will also unlock the doors with a double pulse. Models without a passenger side door keyhole will not have a wire in position 3 of the connector. You can put a wire into the plug to operate the alarm.

On audiovox units we use the pulse before start programmed as double pulse and that is our door unlock control, and oem alarm control and it will operate in any vehicle state.

You can use BLACK/ orange top center plug passenger fusebox to relock the doors either during start or after start if there is a pulse after start wire, or negative starter.

This will solve 2 of your issues. 2005 honda pilot remote start -- posted image.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ground when running to keysense will also solve your dome light issue
petef 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
racerjames76 wrote:

Not familiar with that brand alarm first hand but if you have a pulse before start/OEM alarm disarm wire it can be hooked to BLACK/ red Pin 3 top center plug in passenger fuse box. This wire will also unlock the doors with a double pulse. Models without a passenger side door keyhole will not have a wire in position 3 of the connector. You can put a wire into the plug to operate the alarm.

On audiovox units we use the pulse before start programmed as double pulse and that is our door unlock control, and oem alarm control and it will operate in any vehicle state.

You can use BLACK/ orange top center plug passenger fusebox to relock the doors either during start or after start if there is a pulse after start wire, or negative starter.

This will solve 2 of your issues. 2005 honda pilot remote start -- posted image.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here, can you correct me if I am wrong? Can I just disarm the factory alarm by unlocking the doors just before remote starting? The avital 4103 has ignition controlled lock and unlock, it seems this would work?
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
on the 4103 you need to connect the GREEN/ black disarm wire and unlock wire together and then connect them to the pilots unlock wire as described above. To get it to relock so that the car isn't sitting there running with the doors unlocked you'll need to plug in the short 4 pin harness and use the purple (-)start wire. connect that wire together with the 4103 lock wire and connects them to the pilots lock wire as described above in the passenger kick panel.
For the dome light, turn on ignition controlled "lock" and "unlock" or connect the keysense as mentioned above.
petef 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:
on the 4103 you need to connect the GREEN/ black disarm wire and unlock wire together and then connect them to the pilots unlock wire as described above. To get it to relock so that the car isn't sitting there running with the doors unlocked you'll need to plug in the short 4 pin harness and use the purple (-)start wire. connect that wire together with the 4103 lock wire and connects them to the pilots lock wire as described above in the passenger kick panel.
For the dome light, turn on ignition controlled "lock" and "unlock" or connect the keysense as mentioned above.
Instead of using the purple wire, couldn't i use the GREEN / WHITE rearm wire? Also, I'm curious what the ignition controlled lock and unlock feature does?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
You should have wired this W2W, separately done keysense and the locking as described. Ignition controlled lock unlock locks the car with ignition, turn off the ignition to unlock the car.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
GREEN / WHITE rearm wire only gives a pulse when you hit lock. you would want a pulse when the car starts in order to relock the doors, thus using the purple (-)purple starter wire.
another alternative would be to run the GREEN/ black wire into the drivers door and tap into the Pilots disarm wire there. Blue at the drivers door power window switch in a light blue plug, pin 16 or 20. this wire when pulsed will disarm the Pilot without unlocking the doors.
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Change it over to W2W. Never Ever Use DEI products in D2D. Always use them in W2W

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic