the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

cd wont eject from head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
myonus 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Chrysler Stock OEM CD/ radio.  The CD has been stuck in there for a couple years.  It plays just fine.  Good thing I enjoy the album.  So,  its about time to get it out.   Has anyone ever dived into one of these mosterous decks? looks like there are several panels I can acess,  big question is where is the most likely place for the manual release?

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring LX Sedan 2.4 DOHC

This is the deck I have:

cd wont eject from head unit - Last Post -- posted image.

Be not guided by morality, but rather, integrity.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and then reconnect it.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
on some radios you can press and hold the power and eject button for a few seconds and the radio will reset itself and eject the cd. ive noticed some radios with cd players sometimes will forget that a cd is inside so it wont eject either.
myonus 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2013 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

I thank you for posting a response.  I have already tried this idea, thinking it might be a relay problem,  or a switch on the panel not telling the device to eject.  So i removed the positive and negative side of the battery;  and left it in the carport over night.  The darn thing still remembers my station presets.  It must have some kind of CMOS battery inside?  or a big capacitor that hold a charge when its disconnected.  I have no idea.  Maybe this is Chistine's little sister!?

I appreciate the advice, and I really do not want to take this bad boy apart.   But i will if I have to.  In order to hook up my new AUX delivery device,  i need to have all CDs out of the unit prior to programming. I just hope i don't damage the unit somehow and have to buy another OEM stock radio.  They are unbelievably expensive,  as most have to come from the dealership or a questionable junk yard.

myonus 
Posted: February 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

I thank you for posting a response.  I have already tried this idea, thinking it might be a relay problem,  or a switch on the panel not telling the device to eject.  So i removed the positive and negative side of the battery;  and left it in the carport over night.  The darn thing still remembers my station presets.  It must have some kind of CMOS battery inside?  or a big capacitor that hold a charge when its disconnected.  I have no idea.  Maybe this is Chistine's little sister!?

I appreciate the advice, and I really do not want to take this bad boy apart.   But i will if I have to.  In order to hook up my new AUX delivery device,  i need to have all CDs out of the unit prior to programming. I just hope i don't damage the unit somehow and have to buy another OEM stock radio.  They are unbelievably expensive,  as most have to come from the dealership or a questionable junk yard

myonus 
Posted: February 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Im going outside and try this right now,  thatn you for the advice. 
myonus 
Posted: February 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I tried the pushing of the eject button and the power button all it did was turn the radio back on.  tried several different combination,  no avail.  Then i did a super smart move.  A friend of mine suggested I just give it a little thump and the mechinism should release.  Well it didnt.  In fact i guess it was still spinning in there when i did it,  because the disk made this horrible screeching noise.  Now the CD dosent play at all.  cd wont eject from head unit - Last Post -- posted image.

Oh well,  I dont plan on using the CD player anyhow.  Im going to use it for its aux input for my mp3 player.  I installed it in my dash take a look:

cd wont eject from head unit - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic