icon

car rape whistle

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrxkyle 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
so i was thinking back to a time when 14 cars got broken into in our underground parking complex one night and no one bothered to check all the alarms going off, and how no one gives a rats rip about someones car alarm going off.
i was also thinking about those alarms that call out an audible "step away from the car, police are on their way etc...
then i got an idea, instead of programming an alarm to say something cheesy like that, why not get one of your lady friends to record a scream and yell help, where people might actually think to go look into whats happening. just a random thought i'd throw out there lol.
of course you would have to have your alarm set up to not false alarm like the ghetto improperly installed shock sensor setups that go off when a balloon pops 100 yards away...
thoughts? comments? sure to follow criticisms? what do you guys think, a car that can scream rape? ( i mean if some guys are penetrating your car that's automotive rape right? :P
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone market something on which you can record your own message any more?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Great... so then everybody gets use to "Rape or Help"...car rape whistle - Last Post -- posted image. Yes, you're right, people tend NOT to notice or overlook car alarm siren's(will suggest Horn/Siren Combo...But no real fix, some company thought of adding , or did add, bird sounds to sirens...). Yes Howie, you can still get Voice Boxes that you can record...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'd suggest against "Rape!" because if adopted, then genuine rape calls may be ignored.
You may also get into trouble making false claims...
However, to say "help - my car's being raped" is a different matter.
That brings in the issue where anything humorous or catching might bring a response. (Different to the response I give when I hear those ancient "let's go thru my library of 10 different lerts & warbles". My damage is usually worse than the original break in - though most tend to be false triggers anyway.)
Local regulations may limit what you can do.
And some things repeated even for the usual 1 minute limit can be very unamusing.   
I still suspect the best alarm method is the internal loud noise. It works well for house alarms.
But make sure there is a pre-alert so occupants can cover their ears to prevent hearing damage. And I'd recommend reliable "loud" prevention if babies & toddlers are on board.
As to whether victims including thieves can sue for hearing damage - consul you local authorities.
wrxkyle 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
the orgasalarm- link
just stumbled on this youtube joke video, but same concept.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
Proven yet again that I was right...
Reminds me of a Jay & Silent Bob 2-liner (based on the old g-spot crap) - SB: isn't the cly-tor-ass a myth? Jay: No. Orgasm is the myth!
Eh? Oh sorry - where was I?
Like many jokes, that youtube vid has its part truths. The first about alarms being ignored is true for most cities etc.
Their solution has its truth too. Like I said, something that captivate or - dare I say - arouses interest is an improved solution.
I also like the initial warnings - shall I call them bump squirts? Quite amusing and effective. And I wouldn't think too annoying - except for frustrated people.
I can imaging however that in some neighborhoods such an alarm would be indistinguishable from normal background noise.
Now, a sub-sonic boom box to go with it... But then just use the brown note instead...
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Also, People tend to Set-Off vehicles that have "Talking Boxes"... For Fun...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Agreed. So too ordinary alarms though less commonly so.
And so too if you intend to break into a vehicles.
More reason for my preference of a pager & silent alarm plus internal screechers and strobes & spots etc. All defeated of course with the pager within x seconds so I have the pleasure of attending the scene personally... (with all its risks, or video.)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic