viper 350 2way on 09 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cmercado 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone,

I came across a little problem and I can't seem to find out what is going on. I recently installed a viper 350 2-way alarm/keyless into a 2009 toyota camry. At the end of the install everything checked out ok. The gentleman took his car home and about two days later he noticed that his lights were not flashing when he lock/unlocked the vehicle. A couple of weeks  before putting in the viper 350 2-way, he had a viper 350hv added into the car by a different installer at a different store. A couple of days later he was experiencing the same problem with the lights not flashing.

I am currently using......

Parking lights (-) black, Headlight switch, white 20 pin plug, pin 18

It is adviced not to use positive parking lights because the relay rests at ground and the factory body ECU will be damaged.

What do you guys think could be causing this problem from two very different brains installed by two different installers. This is the first time I have in countered a problem like this. If anyone has come across something like this and knows of any troubleshoots I can do or of a solution that would be great. Thanks.

cmercado
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Are you still getting an output from the remote start? I couldn't imagine it requiring anything more than the 200mA output, but maybe it does? Is the jumper set for (-) parking lights?
If you get to look at it, try getting the lights to flash with the headlight switch in different positions. I can't remember which vehicles they were, but some had issues when the auto lights were turned on.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

Do the parking lights not flash when the vehicle is remote started or all the time?

I know on some of the 2000ish Camrys the p.lights would not flash once the car was remote started due to some crap with the auto headlights, wouldn't surprise me if this is similar.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic