icon

engine locks lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
voltswagon 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

I have had my remote starter for awhile now https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~133225~PN~4.

Just recently it doesn't want to start. I noticed when I get in the truck the motor/engine lock light is blinking.  I have to wait several minutes for it to clear before I can start with the key.

What could cause this issue?  It was working wonderfully before. Start right up, miles away.

transponder bypass module?

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Once a module is correctly programmed and works it's unlikely to fail.
Check your wiring especially your joints.
Either that or the factory transponder is playing up.
If from your name you have a VW, it's one of those two.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I would say your transponder placement is giving an intermittent signal to the car. The antenna for the transponder system is that hard plastic black ring around the key cylinder. I see you put the placement of the transponder behind the antenna. Usually you put the transponder in front of the antenna or around it. I'm surprised it worked behind it. Try moving the transponder to the thickness of the antenna ring not behind it.
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry flobee, the link is wrong and I can't undo it.  I'm still not complete with that one yet(rogue)

The one I'm talking bout is my Chevy Colorado.  Bulldog deluxe w/ PLJX, no transponder.

I think I know might cause the issue.  I noticed the wiper was on when it won't start. Otherwise, it starts well.

Also, I did not have tach wire install.

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
List out the connections you made. It sounds like you made a wrong connection somewhere and if you keep trying it, can end up damaging the vehicle electronics.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2013 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Darn it! My remote ran out of battery in spring.  So I decided to get new one put on now.  My truck did not start now.  I know the signal from/to remote and module works.  When I press the valet button, my remote recognized it.  Man, where do I begin to trouble shoot.  Hate to redo the whole thing over if I dont have to.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2013 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have PLJX diagram in front of me, but is there a wire in the Colorado that you have to cut in half, and wire through the PLJX?
If so, I would concentrate my efforts there. Unplug the PLJX, and use a small piece of wire to "jump" back together the OEM wire that was cut. See if it starts then.
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2013 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, my truct doesn't start with the remote.  without it, it starts just fine.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic