icon

pt cruiser donnelly rr view mirror wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mattt181 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
I have a PT Cruiser convertible rearview mirror with outside temp, compass, and map lights that I'd like to install in another vehicle. I'm trying to figure out the wiring on this mirror, and my search turned up nothing as far as wiring, and what wire does what?
It has a 10 pin plug with 6 wires going to it. 4 of the pins are not used. Can anyone help with which wire is power, ground, temp sending unit, etc?
Black w/ green stripe
Black w/ purple stripe
Black w/ yellow stripe
Black w/ green stripe...second one
Black w/ white stripe
Black w/ pink stripe
Thank you in advance for all the help!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
That's something that we may not be able to help you with. Chances are you will have to test through the wires to find your 12volt / ignition and ground wires and then find a wire diagram for the vehicle that will allow you to trace which wires go to where.
Unless someone here has an AllData account (or similar), we won't really be able to help you much.
Does the new vehicle have the temp sending unit?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
mattt181 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
That's something that we may not be able to help you with. Chances are you will have to test through the wires to find your 12volt / ignition and ground wires and then find a wire diagram for the vehicle that will allow you to trace which wires go to where.
Unless someone here has an AllData account (or similar), we won't really be able to help you much.
Does the new vehicle have the temp sending unit?
Thanks for the reply. I have found many wiring questions answered here for other Gentex mirrors with the same type of features, so I thought perhaps I'd be lucky enough to find the same info on this Donnelly. Is there just not the knowledge base here for Donnelly mirrors as there is for Gentex mirrors? One more question in that regard....is this the correct forum for feature mirror questions, or is there a better forum that has more mirror specific questions?
I forgot to mention, I have the temp sender from the same vehicle so I'm good to go with that. I scrounged this mirror from a pick your part junkyard so I could grab what I needed from the PT. I took enough of the harness to get me down the A pillar and behind the dash for connections.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

Pulled from alldata, hope it helps..

Compass/Temperature Mirror Module (PT27) - Black 10 Way

Pin 1: BK/WT - Fused Ignition Switch Output (RUN)

Pin 2: BK/PK - Fused B(+)

Pin 5: BK/VT - PCI BUS

Pin 6: BK/LG - Ground

Pin 7: BK/YL - Courtesy Lamps Driver

Pin 10: BK/LG - Ground

mattt181 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
buddholly wrote:

Awesome....Thank you so much for that info. One thing that has me worried now is the pin 5 wire...going to/from the PCI BUS. I see no connections directly to the temp sender so I'm guessing that means the temp sender goes thru the BUS, then the signal is sent to the mirror. I wonder if I'll be able to make it work without going thru the BUS? Find out soon. Wonder what the redundant ground wires are all about too!?!?
buddholly....If you have access to AllData, would you mind looking up one more for me, please? Gentex 341 from 04-05 Dodge Stratus
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=132387&KW=mattt181
Thanks a million!!
mattt181 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
buddholly wrote:

Thank you again for the wiring info. I was able to power the mirror up tonight with the map lights and the compass working correctly. The one thing that would not show is the outside temp. I have the temp sending unit from the PT, and it has 2 wires. With pin 5 wire(BK/VT) will the temp sending unit only work if it runs thru the PCI BUS of the original vehicle?
I'm trying to get this feature mirror to work in a different vehicle...a Jeep to be exact.
Anyone know how to get the temp sending unit to work with the mirror directly?
Or....am I SOL for making this thing work outside of a PT?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic