icon

wire connection advice compustar 6200

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
michelin 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if someone familiar with compustar 6200 w/blade AL would be able to help with my confusion. car is 2012 Honda Civic with factory alarm. The blade instructions says it does alarm disarm and arm when hooked up. Does this mean the compustar wires for arm disarm do not need to be hooked up. Also, is hood pin really necessary, can just put remote start into valet mode if I will be working on car. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mar
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the Blade will control the door locks and factory alarm. Neither of those connections are required. Basically, if the bypass says it will control something (locks, door status, etc) then you do not need to make that connection from the Compustar.
As for the hood pin, it is an important safety feature and should be installed. One time forgetting to put it in valet mode (or it somehow coming out) could cause severe injury... I always used the valet mode in the past, until I almost lost my hand one day because I forgot to and leaned on the remote while working around the fan. Luckily I recognized the relays activating and pulled my hands out just in time. From then on I refuse to not connect hood pin... it's just not worth the risk.
However, the hood pin is another component that is covered by the bypass... as long as a factory hood pin exists.
The following connections are not required from the Compustar (taken care of by bypass):
Lock; Unlock; Arm; Disarm
Trunk release
Door status; Trunk status
Hood status (only if equipped with factory hood pin)
Tachometer
Foot brake status
E-brake status
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

Times 2 with Kenny...

Check your Civic for a Factory Hood Pin.  Sit in the car, turn off the engine, open the drivers door, press the lock button, close the

door, press the lock button on the Factory remote twice( just to be sure ), wait 2 minutes and then pull the hood release.  Does
the horn start beeping?  The Blade AL flashed with the Blade AL(DL) HA3 firmware will supply the hood pin signal to the CM6200. 
You can verify this after install by remote starting the Civic and then popping the hood open.  Engine should shut down.  The Hood
Pin is a nice safety feature and should be installed / operational.

As for the CM6200 arming and disarming the Factory alarm system, it does it thru Data.  No extra wires to connect.  The only thing you

might consider is hardwiring the CM6200 trunk release directly to the Civic so you can pop the trunk while the car is under remote start.
 Trunk Release     GREEN (+)        AT MICU MODULE AT REAR OF INTERIOR FUSE BOX UNDER DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH   ( Audiovox )
Trunk Release    GREEN (5 WIRE)     DRIVER DOOR SILL HARNESS    ( Omega )
You will need a relay for this.

Soldering is fun!
michelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for the quick response. Info was very helpful. Just to repeat, so on connector CN2 pin 6 foot brake input would not be needed, pin 13,15,16 will not be needed (-) 250mA Rearm and Disarm output and engine sensing input, as well as CN4 pins 4 and 5 for unlock and lock. I was going to run CN1 pin 6 12v parking light output switched with jumpers for truck release. But I an unsure if truck release is 12v + to release or -. Will have to test. If negative was thinking about CN4 pin 2 for truck.
Mar
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

If you reference the chart on Page 2 of the Blade AL(DL) HA3 install guide, it will list the features supported by

the Blade bypass cartridge.   If it is listed, the Blades pin connector to the CM6200 takes care of those features.

As for the trunk release, it is supported but will only work while the engine is not running.  That was the reason

for the direct wire suggestion.  I haven't tried it, but Omega suggests it is a (+) signal that requires a 5 wire relay
setup.

Soldering is fun!
michelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Okay thanks. One last question, does tach learn need to be done when using the blade?
Mar
kreg357 
Posted: March 01, 2013 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, do the Tach Learn process after the Blade is programmed to the vehicle.
Soldering is fun!
michelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, the remote start is in and went pretty smoothly thanks to the help from you guys. I have just one issue. The factory honda remote as well as the compustar remote will not lock doors now but can unlock with both remotes. There was a question with what wire to connect door lock (-) from blade harness. Had a wirecolor.com guide for car and it should a picture of light blue wire at green connector in kicker panel. Checked Commando.com they say blue wire. Well both colors are in harness. I tried to check but I am unsure what negative door locks will test like. I connected positive probe to battery (+) post and negative to wire I connected to. At rest it showed pretty much o volts hitting door lock it hit 12 volts it seems for a quick second then flops around 0 volts again. Is this right or is there a better way to test negative door lock wires. I think the blue wire was the one I should have used.
Thanks,
Mar
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
The correct wire will show a quick voltage change with the meter connected as you have it. The lock wire should be blue in the harness coming from the driver's door; and the unlock wire should be gray in the same harness.
Also, make sure to test the lock feature with the door and hood closed. I can't recall the Civic off the top of my head, but many cars will not allow the doors to lock with the door opened.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
michelin 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2013 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Will check Sunday, very much appreciated with your quick reply.
Mar
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic