icon

encore e9 with idatalink

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
apexone4697 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
Just installed a encore e9 with idatalink ads CA programmed with ads sub (dl) firmware. I got everything hooked up with data to data and got the idatalink to successfully program. I cannot get the encore remote to unlock or lock doors. It will arm and disarm fine. There is a setting in the encore pragramming for data to data door unlockingtp that I pragrammed as well. It seems everything is hooked p correct. Can't get a hold of encore tech support, an idatalink won't help end users. I even tried resetting and hooking up w2w. It still dosent work locks. There is a 3 pin harness on the encore that is for lock and unlock, I have it tied into the proper wires on the idatalink module.   Anyone have any ideas?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
What vehicle?
Kevin Pierson
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
I'm assuming it's a Subaru, but the year, make, and model would help.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
apexone4697 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
2009 wrx
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
I've done multiple newer Subaru's with that bypass and have never had an issue with the locks. Check the outputs of the remote starter to make sure they are providing a (-) signal when activated.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Did you change the setting on the ADS CA to W2W mode when you tried wire to wire, by default it is in D2D mode. Also idatalink will help end users. I have contacted them several times. They even have a forum on there website you can post on and technical support will help you.
apexone4697 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

I did.  Im back trying to get data to data mode working.  Can someone look at install method number 2 and explain to me how the right side wires connect from the ads module?  I have ORANGE / blk going to keyless wire at bui.  then i have WHITE/ red tied into that wire.  I dont see if/how the WHITE/ black wire connects.

http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-SUB/ADS-AL(DL)-SUB-EN_20130118.pdf?nvb=20130306214416&nva=20130306224416&hash=0a49298e2011a79db9f91

offroadzj 
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
The keyless data wire needs to be cut. Then the WHITE/ black will go to the vehicle side and the WHITE/ red (as well as the ORANGE / black) will go to the connector side. Then the BROWN / red goes to the CAN-H wire and the BROWN / yellow goes to the CAN-L wire. The instructions are very clear on exactly what needs to be done...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
apexone4697 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Im sorry for the dumb question, where is the vehicle side of the keyless wire located? I have everything connected but the WHITE/ black wire.
offroadzj 
Posted: March 07, 2013 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
Have you found the keyless data wire? Once you have found that wire, cut the wire at least 3" from the plug. You will now have 2 connection points on that wire. The WHITE/ red and ORANGE / black will connect to the piece of wire coming out of the plug itself. Then the WHITE/ black will connect to the other piece of wire (going into the factory harness loom).
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are having that much trouble figuring out how to connect that wire (especially with how clear the instructions from iDatalink are... much clearer than your typical remote start instructions), then you may want to REALLY consider having your installation at least checked by a professional (if you can find one willing to look over someone else's work). There are so many things that can go wrong from a bad installation and could cause major electrical issues down the road.... and end up costing you thousands of dollars. It only takes 1 bad connection.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic