1996 mercury sable remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
overfloater 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2013 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
I have installed an Avital 4103 into a 1996 Mercury Sable LS. Everything works great but there is one minor issue.
When I lock the doors with the Avital remote, the theft system does not arm (no flashing theft light on dash).   However, if I lock the doors with the remote while a door is open, the anti theft system does arm.   
I did find in my tech sheets reference to a - door trigger but I did not wire it up because I didn't know where to attach it on the remote starter side. I believe this may be my issue.   
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Regards,
Robert
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2013 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
Hook disarm up to the disarm wire int he car.
hook the rearm wire to driver door pin wire.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2013 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Factory Alarm Disarm      pink/white      -      drivers kick panel
Door Trigger      BLACK/ lt. blue      +      under dash light
Notes: Also found lt. GREEN/ orange (-) at headlight switch. BLACK/ orange at GEM (instrument fuse panel) will get all doors and hatch on wagon. Rests at ground through ignition, cut and diode isolate.
Since he re-arm output from the remote start is a (-)200mA signal, you will either need to use a relay to connect to the BLACK/ lt. blue or use the GREEN/ orange (-) at the headlight switch. I would personally go for the GREEN/ orange to make it easier.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
overfloater 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2013 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys. I have the disarm wire connected as indicated.
I checked the GREEN/ orange wire at the switch and it shows 12v when the door is closed and .5v when door is open. So sending the brief ground pulse via the rearm output on this wire will cause the theft system to arm?   
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2013 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Yes. The factory alarm can only be externally armed (non-factory remote) by locking the door with the door open. By connecting the re-arm wire to the door pin, the remote start tricks the computer into seeing the door open at the moment the doors are locked therefore arming the factory alarm.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
overfloater 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2013 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kenny.   
Where in Albany is your shop?   I grew up in the capital district.
offroadzj 
Posted: March 07, 2013 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
I run the business out of my house / home garage for the time being. With the economy the way it is, there was no way I could quit my full-time job and go full bore into the business. So I figured I'd start small and work my way up... which will also minimize business debt.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic