icon

no dash lights with 545t on nissan titan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bryaneh 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
I added the DEI 545t automatic headlight module to my 08 Nissan Titan, but can't get the dash lights to come on. The headlights and parking lights come on automatically, but I can't get the dash to light up. I've tried several red with blue stripe wires with no luck (including at the dimmer switch). I even tried wire 57 just down from the tail lamp relay at the IPDM which looks like it should be upstream enough to trigger both parking lights and dash illumination. Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong or a better wire to connect to? It's difficult to find it by metering since whenever I turn the dash lights on with the switch the parking lights come on. Thanks.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Just a thought, try covering up, with your hand, the photo eye that senses the amount of daylight. Cover it up for about 30, see if the dash lights come on.  The 545t has a DRL (Daytime Running Lights) feature that will turn on the headlights unless desabled.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
bryaneh 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I tried that. I tested it during the day when the headlights wouldn't kick in so I had to cover up the sensor to test it. The headlights do kick in after a few seconds as well as the parking lights, but no dash lights (day or night). I did cut the red wire inside the 545t box to disable the daytime running lights. Don't the running lights only turn on the headlights, but no parking lights (at least during the day)? Thanks for the suggestion.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

What do you have the Blue, (parking light output),wire connected to?  And what is the Green,(headlight output), wire connect to?

Also the Brown....and Violet.

bryaneh 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Brown and violet I have connected to 12 volt constant power, the green headlight wire I have connected to the blue headlight wire on the brown eight pin plug in the IPDM, and the blue parking light wire is the one I'm having the problem with. I don't know if there is one single wire that I can connect to that will turn on both dash lights and parking lights, or if I need to connect to each separately.
smokeman1 
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

All the wiring guides I can find indicate a RED / Blue (+) wire.

Bulldog Security list as:   RED / Blue (+) @ ELECTRIC BRAKE Pre-wiring Harness, (WHITE, 6-PIN PLUG), PIN 4, NOTE #5

NOTE #5: the ELECTRIC BRAKE Pre-wiring Harness is located Under the DRIVERS DASH, and to the RIGHT of the STEERING COLUMN

bryaneh 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I found a Nissan Rogue forum with two other people having the same issue. Must be a Nissan thing. Any chance of connecting to the BCM or is that not good to do?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Good News and bad news....
Good news is that it is possible..
Bad news is that you need to test at the switch..
The Switch sends from what it appears to be grounds to the bcm.
It has 5 input connections and 5 output connections in the bcm.
Then.. the BCM will turn on all parking lights including the cluster.
I read my alldata diagram and they appear to be negative wires.
What you can do is go to the combination switch and test to see which one gives a ground output when the parking light switch is activated(OUTPUT). Give me the color and then I will give you the other color wire(INPUT) to make it work.
Using a relay you then do the following.
85--GROUND
86--PARKING LIGHT FROM 545T
30--(INPUT WIRE)
87-(OUTPUT WIRE)... and this should make it work...
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
bryaneh 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
According to the wiring diagram the tail lamp is Input 4 (green with yellow stripe) to Output 5 (red with green stripe). I'll verify it in the next day or two with a meter. Any chance of frying the BCM this way or is it pretty much protected with the relay? Thanks for the help.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
I would recommend going to the steering column and test there.. don't go to the BCM, although those wires lead there. It is less confusing if you go to the switch itself. And no, it shouldn't get fried because you are not giving it any signals. It is the factory bcm wire that is giving it that signal just like if you were turning the parking light manually. Example.... input, output.. both "short" to each other when turning the parking light manually. Its a matter of finding which combination works.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic