icon

no dash lights with 545t on nissan titan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bryaneh 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Well, it took me awhile to get to doing this, and then it took me awhile to track it down. Those voltages do some weird things going to and from the BCM.
I could not figure out how to do it the way you recommended (couldn't find exactly where to meter), but I was able to meter at the BCM (with colors from a wiring diagram as my guide). My previous post about Input 4 and Output 5 was backwards. It needed to be Output 4 and Input 5 (the other one was turning on my non-existent fog lights). It took me awhile to figure it out, but input from one thing is an output to the other (go figure). I ran a wire between the two (after metering) and my parking lights/dash lights immediately lit up. I then wired the relay, and it worked. Yahoooooeeeeee!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! EVERYONE WAS A HUGE HELP! I couldn't have done it without you explaining it. Once you did it started to make sense. I feel like now I could wire anything at the BCM now. Thanks again.
george3111987 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

bryaneh wrote:
Well, it took me awhile to get to doing this, and then it took me awhile to track it down. Those voltages do some weird things going to and from the BCM.
I could not figure out how to do it the way you recommended (couldn't find exactly where to meter), but I was able to meter at the BCM (with colors from a wiring diagram as my guide). My previous post about Input 4 and Output 5 was backwards. It needed to be Output 4 and Input 5 (the other one was turning on my non-existent fog lights). It took me awhile to figure it out, but input from one thing is an output to the other (go figure). I ran a wire between the two (after metering) and my parking lights/dash lights immediately lit up. I then wired the relay, and it worked. Yahoooooeeeeee!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! EVERYONE WAS A HUGE HELP! I couldn't have done it without you explaining it. Once you did it started to make sense. I feel like now I could wire anything at the BCM now. Thanks again.

hi i just tried doing this(ran a wire between Output 4 and Input 5) not only it turns on the parking light and the dash it also turns on my low beam headlight is it suppose to do that? thanks for the help

bryaneh 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, not sure what's going on. When I did it, it didn't turn the headlights on. Maybe try making sure all of your wire connections are good? But, come to think of it, I was TRYING to get the dash and parking lights to come on (because they wouldn't) when my auto headlights went on. I have the headlights wired direct (not through the BCM). I'll try to get out and disconnect my headlight wire and see what happens sometime this week, it's kind of late tonight.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Just saw your post lol. Great. Glad to hear that you got it working.
The thing is that when doing alarms we don't really care about the interior cluster lighting up. As long as the exteriors do then we are good. That is why there really isn't any type of info on this setup. With proper testing tools and the drive to make it work you have indeed figured it out and I am glad you took my advice.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
george3111987 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
bryaneh wrote:
Hmm, not sure what's going on. When I did it, it didn't turn the headlights on. Maybe try making sure all of your wire connections are good? But, come to think of it, I was TRYING to get the dash and parking lights to come on (because they wouldn't) when my auto headlights went on. I have the headlights wired direct (not through the BCM). I'll try to get out and disconnect my headlight wire and see what happens sometime this week, it's kind of late tonight.
thank you for your help. it was a mistake on my part because i connect the wrong wires together bcm has 2 wires that is supposed to be blue and sky blue, mine was a green color instead of sky blue. its working now and thanks for all your help
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic