icon

what module for a 2010 corolla?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Down_dXer 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so i am gonna install a remote start keyless entry alarm in my girlfriends car, and i got just about everything, however!
I am wondering? does anyone make a bypass module for toyota that does everything the omega db-all does PLUS controls the windows? I would like to have windows all up when armed, and front two windows down upon keypad press. So does anyone know of an all in one module that also does windows for a 2010 toyota Corolla with smart key?
oh and btw, the alarm ill be installing is a Crime Guard 830i6.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
I've never personally seen any bypass module that controls windows.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2013 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
bypass mmm idk......but you can add the 530t or you can use the auxiliary out to control the windows.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 06, 2013 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
I have heard of, but never seen a Corolla with Smart Key. Any chance they only sell those in Canada?
Or maybe you just mean the regular metal key with the remote keyless entry built into the head of the key?
This would make a big difference in your choice of bypass module. If it has Smart Key, yes, you want that Omega module no matter what. If it has a regular key, there are some cheaper options.
Anyway.....
--Omega OM-DB-ALL should be a rebadged ADS iDatalink ALCA or Audiovox Flashlogic FLCAN, if I'm not mistaken.
That should be a good choice....it'll handle the immobilizer so you won't give up a key, but also do trunk, locks, and give you tach, trunk, and door status.
It should probably also be compatible with the DBI port on the CrimeGuard unit, so the Toyota remotes will control arm;disarm of the CrimeGuard and vice versa. When DBI (data-to-data) works, it's wonderful. When it doesn't work, the manufacturers won't man up and support it and fix it for you. So good luck. It should probably work, though.
One other nice thing that module will do is keep the OEM Toyota remotes working during remote start. (Go outside to the car now, start the engine with the key. Try the buttons on the Toyota remote; they won't work. The module will make it so that when the remote starter is on, the Toyota buttons will still work.)
---Bitwriter: You're a little bit mistaken here on the terminology but you have the right idea.
The Bitwriter is a tool used to customize settings in DEI (Viper, Python, Avital) systems. You won't need that for your CrimeGuard system.
However, any of the ADS-made bypass modules (including the one you have in mind) need to have vehicle-specific firmware flashed onto them. I think they call the required cable a Weblink Updater.
(I know, for example, the FLCAN does come pre-loaded with firmware for new Chryslers, but again, if you're working on any kind of car other than that, the module must be re-flashed. Not sure what the default firmware on the OM-DB-ALL might be.)
Also, in order to flash a module, besides having the cable, one must have an account with ADS. It's free, but they take steps to verify you're a legitimate professional business before activating your account.
Summary: The Weblink Updater wouldn't be of much use to you even if you did buy one. Be SURE if you're buying this module online somewhere, that the seller understands and will flash the proper firmware for your car. Otherwise, you'll really be in a jam.
Windows: As far as I'm aware, the windows up/down control is not a part of the car's databus system, and therefore no data module could control it even if they wanted to.
Plus, even on the cars that have windows through data, the bypass guys generally suck and are totally inconsistent about it. They'll say they'll never do it for liability reasons, but then on another car they do do it!
So, for full window control (up and down), you'd be looking at two pieces of the DEI 530T for all four windows, and if there's a sunroof, one 529T as well.
You'll have to run some wires into the driver's door through the rubber boot, as that's the ONLY place to get the driver's window wires. The other three windows you can get the wires inside the car in the driver's kick panel area, probably.
There are some other window modules that are a little cheaper, but buy the DEI modules. They've been around forever, and if something goes wrong, forum members will be familiar with them and able to help you.
TIP FOR COROLLAS: The wires on the 2009-up Corolla have this weird insulation that's hard and brittle. It's very easy to break them while trying to strip them. Get yourself a cigarette lighter and lightly heat up each wire before working with it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2013 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Generally agree with Chris but reference the 530t, go into each door directly to the motor wires.
That will give you one touch up and down on all the windows.
Secondly some Japanese use data from the driver's window switch to the satellites, not motor wires, e.g Lexus, Maxima. You have to go to the other doors.
Down_dXer 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
Well, thank you all very much for your input and advice. It is greatly appreciated. I guess the only reason i thought that i may be able to control windows with the DB-ALL was i remember overhearing somewhere that some toyotas have the option where if you use the key in the drivers door and hold it it will roll the windows up and down. I am probably wrong about that though. Anyhow i have to put the alarm project on stand-by till i get a replacement two way remote and the DB-ALL. I have the secondary remote but alas the primary two was is lost never to be found again. Cest 'la Vie.
And thank you all again for yer help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
FYI some UK Corolla equivalents do exactly that.
Turn the key and it closes the windows. You have to see if yours does that.
BUT.. Some UK market Lexus also do this and it's simply wired as a comfort close, i.e. extend the NEG (-) locking pulse.
Unfortunately I once tested an Auris (the Western European Corolla) and it was a low current POS (+) timed out put to 4 wires in the driver kick panel, so either way a DB-ALL is irrelevant at what $60+? when all you need is a program mod, to comfort close at no cost, or some wire, a relay to convert one of your aux outputs to POS and 4 diodes for under $6!
Lastly you have to go to Xpresskit check make, model, year looking for by-passes etc. It might give you DB-ALL, see what it does, for instance does it give you window closure through CAN data.
It's supposed to on Euro GMs and VW/Audi, in fact it works about half the time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic