icon

2010 suburban rs issue? module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
On my 10 burb, I have an Autopage RS with a idatalink module. Most of the time it starts fine, but every so often it won't start. It engages on the remote and the ignition/ACC turns on but it won't actually engage the starter and after 2/3 tries, the system disables and I have to manually open and start with key for Chevy to clear it, I'm assuming its a theft protection issue. Is there an issue with the module maybe or something else to look at? It's been this way since day 1 and almost a year old but it's just getting old! I've went thru and double checked everything as well.
Is their a better module out there to use on these electronic systems? I'm up for ideas or any info.
I was thinking of trying the flashlogic FLCAN module....I have heard some good on them???
Thanks guys & gals.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
I use the dlpk on our fleet of Chevy pickups at work 08-12 model years and never an issue with a no start
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

The FLCAN is a re-badged ADS AL-CA module.  Same thing but with the DBI D2D firmware flashed on it, instead of ADS.

For that matter, the DEI DLPK is a re-badged Fortin CAN-SL2. ( with DBI D2D support and different wire colors on the connectors ).

Not familiar with the AutoPage R/S's but if you are using the GM3 firmware and the Type 3 wiring diagram, then the GWR signal must precede the Ignition output.  Here is the warning from iDatalink :

Type 3 Note :

Ground When Running from Remote Starter must be provided BEFORE Ignition.
Failure to comply may result in immobilizer bypass malfunction during remote start.

Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
You could try reflashing the module to the newer GM10 software and wiring it accordingly. This eliminates the Type 3 note described above from being any issue. Keep in mind that GM10 is KLON and will need to be programmed as such...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks every
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone for the info.
Mike....I'm not sure what the KLON wiring is? I'm assuming related to the ADS module and the new GM10 software? Is that downloadable from ADSs website? I'm mobile and haven't had a chance to look.
Thanks again guys.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2013 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
It is iDatalink's way of programming the key code to the module. It requires a dealer account setup with ADS in order to flash the module. Basically you will flash it with the GM10 firmware, do 1/2 of the programming, then re-flash it with the final bit of firmware to finalize the KLON process. So if you do not have access then it isn't really something you can just bring to a local shop to get flashed (unless you plan on making 2+ trips)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2013 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
OK, so bringing this back up!
I ended up ditching the AutoPage for a CompuStart since I have started doing those more and actually like them.
I do have an Omega account and I installed a new module DB-ALL to be exact. Originally I flashed it the KLON method and wired it in, nothing worked. No locks, no start, nothing. I re-flashed with this: Firmware
ADS-AL(DL)-GM10 (1.6)
Device integration
Remote Starter/Security Combo
Installation method
iDatalink 2-Way
Again, checked the wiring and it was all the same as the old module so their was nothing to change. Plugged it in and after programming, everything worked for locks, back door/window pop and remote start kicks in but it will not start, won't even try to spin over!
I remember there was something to these I just cannot remember what it is!
If I plug the old module in, everything works, even start....I was just changing the module because of wanting a new one...but if its this much trouble....
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2013 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
If it is a DBALL its an DEI product from xpresskit. Or is it an OL-MDB-ALL? If its an DBALL then throw it out. If its a MDB ALL then make sure the wiring is correct. are you using w2w or d2d? Also did you complete the second step of the KLON process?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic