viper 5704 w/ no remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rtm5003 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2013 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all - I'm new to the forums.
I've been playing around with custom car audio and tuning for about 10 years and this is my first adventure into a security system install.
I'm installing a Viper 5704 without remote start in an 05 Honda S2000.
I know there are bunch of wires I don't need, so I'd like to remove these from the harnesses for a cleaner install.
I think I know which wires are needed and which can be eliminated- but I'd like a professional or an almost-professional to take a look. Your help is much appreciated.
Main Harness:
Red - 12V constant
Black - Ground
Brown - Siren Output
??WHITE/ Brown - Parking light isolation wire
White - Parking Light Output (I need a diode I think?)
??Orange - Ground when Armed Output
Remote Start Harness:
Pink - Ignition 1
RED / White - Fused Ignition 2
Orange - Accessory Output
Violet - Starter Output
Green - Starter Input
Red - Fused 30A Ignition Input
Pink/White - Igition 2
Pink/Black - Flex relay input 87A
RED / Black - Fused accessory/starter input
Door Trigger Harness:
I bought a 451M door lock relay but I read on s2ki that I can just shove the lock and unlock wires in two empty pins on the keyless entry module harness which are magically available just for my convenience? Any advice from someone with experience?
Aux/Shutdown/Trigger Harness:
RED / White - Trunk Trigger Release (need relay)
Green - Door Trigger Input (N/C or N/O)
BLACK / YELLOW - Dome Light
Blue - Trunk Pin
(Everything else gone?)
Are there any other connections that are required?
Thanks!!
rtm5003 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2013 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Another question while I'm here:
I am using a backup battery. The battery has a wire which is supposed to go to the Instant Trigger Input on the alarm module - but the only wire labeled Instant Trigger Input is also the Trunk Pin wire?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2013 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
??WHITE/ Brown - Parking light isolation wire DISCARD
White - Parking Light Output (I need a diode I think?) 2 x 1N5404
??Orange - Ground when Armed Output Only needed for ACC products like w/closers.
Remote Start Harness: Correct.
Door trigger NOT a door trigger, this is a LOCK trigger, BTW the 451 isn't needed, low current NEG triggering.
BLACK / YELLOW - Dome Light B]Not needed, here's why and this also goes for any vehicle when the following test applies:-
Shut the doors, the dome light stays on for X seconds.
Now open the door, shut it then lock with either the key or factory remote.
The dome light should turn off within 2 seconds.
If so you already have factory dome supervision, therefore aftermarket not needed.
The back-up battery comments are correct.
Diode in (2 x 1N4004) with the blue trunk or grey hood connections.
Do it nicely, I love the S2000!
rtm5003 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2013 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll - Thank you for your help!
I think I will keep the orange accessory wire in place in case I want to use it in future.
The original install guide I read for the s2000 uses (2) x 1N4004 diodes from the white parking light output to the left and right blinkers. Can you please explain why you are recommending 1N5404 instead? Thanks!
My dome light also comes on with remote unlock - will this feature still exist if I do not wire in the aftermarket Dome Light Supervision?
Thanks again!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2013 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
If you keep the orange, keep the pink /white second ignition and the red, RED / white and RED / black, + H2/23 PURPLE / white to tach then with a by-pass and wiring them up you're ready for remote start!
If you're switching 1 amp or less or a negative circuit 1 amp 1N4004's are fine.
On the other hand if that's a positive circuit, you'll be drawing about 2+ amps so you need the 3 amp 1N54XX series.
In Europe (and many US imports from Europe and Japan etc.) all vehicles use white front and red rear running lights with amber as the front, side and rear indicators (turn signals).
I buy 100 + 2N5404s at a time, 2 per vehicle!
Dome light will come on with unlock with alarm, it's already there, you can ignore it on the 5704.
rtm5003 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2013 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll -
Just wanted to report back with good news - the job is 95% done and functional! Thank you very much for your help!
It took about 7 hours including disassembling the entire interior and double/triple checking each wire before splicing.
I ran out of daylight before I could get to the hood pin installation - I'll do it tomorrow - should be straightforward enough.
I do have one more question!
My install is loosely based off of this DIY guide
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/998314-viper-5704-2-way-alarm-diy-guide/
This guy sends his parking light output to the blinker signals at the hazard switch (with diodes) - but doesn't specify which colors to use. Do you by any chance know what color I'm looking for? I can't find a diagram or list anywhere.
Also - dome supervision working no problem. You are on point!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2013 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Since you're using flashers/indicators as in non North American cars you will need 1N5404s.
GREEN/ red and GREEN/ YELLOW both (+) .at the turn switch or hazards or floor loom.
In England (right/hand drive) everything on that vehicle is on the right hand side (as Japan). We mount the unit under the driver seat and pick up the flashers, brake lights and door and trunk triggers in that loom.
rtm5003 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
I already picked up the 1N5404's per your earlier advice. I just needed the wire colors! Thanks!!
Two more questions - both regarding the sensors and adjustment....
#1 - whenever I arm the system, I get a warning from "sensor two" about 20 seconds later. Sensor two is connected to the 507M tilt sensor.
#2 - when trying to enter the Shock Sensor adjustment menu on the remote, it tries to communicate with the sensor and then gives me a buzzer sound like it can't communicate? Any idea what could cause this?
Thanks again!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
I tend to cut the two loops either side of the power plug which gives it a delay, try that.
That shock sensor adjustment requires only two things from you, an ability to read the instructions many times and lots of patience.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just realised the 5704 uses a separate shock sensor with a pot on the side, you don't adjust it remotely but through that pot.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic