icon

usb and sd card mp3 volume very low

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnwohl 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2013 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
hey there. i recently purchased a boss 620ua media receiver as a cheap replacement for my kaput stock head unit. it actually works great except for when playing from either usb or sd card the volume is way too low! it has a range from 0 to 100 and when playing mp3s, anything below 70 or 80 is quiet and 90 is about medium. when playing from the radio the volume levels seem normal with 50 being on the louder side of medium and 100 being blasting. my mp3s are all leveled at around 89db which is pretty normal so whats up? i dont want to increase the gain on my mp3s for fear or clipping. any suggestions?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 05, 2013 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Get a real radio.
johnwohl 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2013 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
No, see, the radio works just fine. All of the other functions work very well too, except for the problem with the level of the mp3s being too low. Thanks for trying to help though! usb and sd card mp3 volume very low -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 05, 2013 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
According to the owner's manual there are no adjustments on that unit to raise that level.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2013 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
Get a real radio.

usb and sd card mp3 volume very low -- posted image. That is a bit on the blunt side, but true. Why do you think other brands are more expensive? Maybe because they have options such as the ability to adjust each source's gain independantly. Not trying to sound mean here but welcome to car audio. usb and sd card mp3 volume very low -- posted image. We all learn eventually

edit* Sorry i was quoting iaai to express the same point again to the OP.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2013 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
According to the owner's manual there are no adjustments on that unit to raise that level.
Well there is one: that knob labeled "volume" on the front.
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic