python, 2006 eclipse gt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
perfectcreature 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2013 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Overview:
I have a 2006 Eclipse GT. It has a CrimeStoppers EZ30 DPII remote start system that is wired up, but inoperable due to an ignition wire that was cut in the system, and the lack of a remote.
Question:
I am planning to get a Python 524 system, and use the FLCAN to wire it up using the majority of the "pre-tapped" connections that the EZ30 had used.
I have the diagram on page 27 of the install guide for the EZ30. All the wires are connected, and spliced with 3M taps, and I should be able to use that diagram and just spice into the existing taps/wires of the EZ30.
With that said:
-I am looking to verify that if I use the FLCAN, I will be able to program the unit without the BitWriter.
-I will be able to bypass the security transponder on my Eclipse
-I will be able to reduce the wiring of needed of the Python by using the FLCAN
     -By the above, Which wires will I be able to reduce, or eliminate running altogether.
Thanks, if I have further questions, I will post them up.
If you need any more information, that I may have neglected to include, please let me know and I will post them up ASAP.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2013 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
First remove and throw away all the 3M taps!
Solder the joints and you then might get some serious replies.
For further explanation see the General section on methods of joining wire.
perfectcreature 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have little soldering skills, and the tight space would make it very difficult. Though, I suppose I could solder, but what would be the point of soldering, if no one has given me any answers to my questions.
I guess I am confused to why soldering my joints would get me more replies?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Because we are more apt to help someone who is interested in doing it the right way rather than the easy way. We have had plenty of people come on here and take the easy / incorrect route and then come back later complaining that their system doesn't work. It ends up being this long process with many members spending time trying to help the person, only to find out one of the 'wonderful' t-taps was no good.
Not to sound harsh, but it's not worth our time to help someone not willing to take the time to do the job right.
- The FLCAN has no impact on whether or not you can program without the Bitwriter.
- I am not 100% familiar with the FL modules but it MAY require a firmware flash that you will need a USB cable and dealer account to program. I believe the FLCAN comes preloaded with the firmware but I would just check to make sure. The FLCAN will not supply a hood input on that car so you will have to install / connect a hood pin input for the unit.
- I HIGHLY suggest spending the extra few minutes and making all of your connections W2W. DEI does not have the best track record with their D2D connections and it will save you multiple headaches down the road.
- The FLCAN install guide (available on flashlogic.com) will show you exactly what features the FLCAN will support on that vehicle. Once you make all the listed connections between the 2 modules, all of the listed features will be supported. From there you only need to connect whatever additional features you need (including your main ignition connections).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Another major point to remember... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS test EVERY connection. Do NOT just make a connection because the install guide / wire sheet says it's the right wire. This could end very badly for you and your vehicle.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2013 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  
The whole thing is moot if you have few soldering skills, then there's no point you doing it yourself, T-taps are not acceptable under any circumstances.
They corrode, and then vibrate apart usually after a few weeks even if they work initially.
Either teach yourself soldering; read the very good how-to articles in the General Section or take it to a pro.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic