icon

2013 kia soul remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bchilton9 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2013 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
I just got a new Kia soul and I have had a remote starter on the shelf for a wile and I'm not sure if it will work on the Kia
Avital 4113
And
Nexgen DBALL
I know the 4113 will work but I can't find anything saying the DBALL will work with the 13 soul.
All this will be is remote start because the fob is on the key. We will just have to have the 2nd fob for the starter.
Also where is a good wiring guide for the 13 soul. I have found them for the 12s but I'm not sure they are the same.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2013 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you even need one? Most Kia/Hyundai models only have an immobilizer if they are Canadian models or PTS. Look at the ring around the ignition, can you see a copper winding from a pickup coil? Also, your factory fob is not going to work when you use the remote start, so you can connect the unlock wire on the 4113 and use that. First press starts the car, second unlocks the doors all on the single button remote.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2013 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Also the 12 is the same as the 13. You may need a 5 pin relay to isolate the acc wire during remote start to prevent anti grind on take over. To test remote start the car and turn the key to run if it grinds the starter when you turn the key you need to isolate the acc wire
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 09, 2013 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe the DBALL might do a couple of convenience features for you, but I don't think you'll really need it at all.
2013 is the same as 2012.
And you'll probably want to hook up keyless from the 4103, not just remote start. That Kia flip key remote won't work with the car running.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
I have only done a 2011 and a 2012, but both required a starter anti-grind relay to open the starter wire during remote start. If your unit does not have anti-grind you can find the diagram here in the relay section. 2013 kia soul remote starter - Last Post -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I've never opened up the starter wire on these. The acc wire needs to be opened up to prevent the starter from grinding on take over on the 11,12 and some 13s
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
bchilton9 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
I did not need the DBALL and everything works fine. I did hook up the unlock and it's working too.
I did not have The anti grind relay but it only grinds when you turn the key too far. I am planing on buying one and installing it later on.
Thank you everyone for your help.
bchilton9 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Correction.
I started it with the remote then put the key in and turned it all the way to start and it did not grind so it looks like the car has it built in. I assumed it would grind because that's what happens on my Tacoma.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic