flcan programming / wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrishenry 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
Hope to get some help from fellow members
I will be installing this FLCAN together with Codealarm CA6553 on a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer standard key. So what i know is the FLCAN should be flashed to the specific car model and the firmware is DL-MI2. I will go D2D on this.
Questions:
1. The FLCAN install guide Type#5 has Solid BLACK and dotted ORANGE lines. Do I just hard wire the Black and disregard the orange?
2.Does the FLCAN add the feature priority unlock? OEM didn't come with priority unlock.
3. The Lancer came with OEM trunk pop. Will this work as well with no additional trunk module to buy?
4. With the ca6553 diagram below, which wires can be discarded once I partner it with the FLCAN
    CA6553 diagram
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  

1. Yes, dotted lines mean data will do this for you.

2. Most do but there are a few that don't.

3. According to the info from Flashlogic, yes.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
chrishenry 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
thanks Mike M2
I guess answering question #1 will give me answer to question 4.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Pretty much chiming in to echo what Mike said....
1: Yes, that's correct.
2: The bypmass manufacturers do a terrible job of documenting things like this, and also when you do data-to-data, you won't have as much control over the installation. If you're doing this for a customer, I wouldn't promise them anything about priority unlock. If it works, tell them it's a bonus feature that you hooked up just for them, because they're a very special customer.
3: If the module shows it in the installation guide, it should work.
4: Kind of what you said, whatever the module will do for you, will mean you don't have as many connections to make to the car. A little bit hard to go through the entire Code Alarm guide wire by wire, but yes, use the module for whatever you can.
P.S. I see you're in the Philippines. Would you post back and tell us if the MI2 firmware worked for you? I'm curious.
chrishenry 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Chris L.
Yes will do report if MI2 works. But it won't arrive until 1st week of May. I am doing this on my vehicle so crossing my fingers.
I chat with flashlogic tech and they said they only support N.A. I don't know of any local shops that have exposure to Flashlogic. I'm gonna be guiding the installer with what I get from the community. Might even end up installing it myself.
I've had no problems installing the Clifford RS on my 2001 civic before. But I figured it might not have the transponder/immobilizer from the factory.
chrishenry 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
Took me a while to post here been busy with office work lately. I received the FLCAN as expected but haven't had the time to install it.
Would someone be able to help with wiring? FLCAN install type#5 says connect the gwr, clutch, starter wires to a relay.
Now the ca6553 came with its own starter interrupt relay. Is that what the FLCAN guide was referring to or does it mean I will need to get a 2nd relay? The ca6553 install guide says cut starter wire, but FLCAN guide doesn't say anything about cutting wires.
Also ff up question about gwr diode. Referring to Type#5 install, do I just solder it in line then tap the other end of diode to the relay?
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
The relay pictured in the FLCAN instructions are to short the 2 clutch wires together during cranking. It is indeed a separate relay from any start kill relay included with your alarm. It uses the GWR and starter inputs to allow the relay to operate or trick the computer into thinking the clutch was pushed.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
chrishenry 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
@racerjames76
Thanks for the info.
@Chris Luongo
Just got it installed yesterday. This confirms the FLCAN MI2 firmware works on a non-US car. I didn't do straight D2D as some had to be hardwired like tach.
Still have some minor issues with park light not lighting up on remote start(wiring says add relay but have not done that) and the hood pin trigger for some reason doesn't let the engine start even when latched. I left the wire disconnected and remote start works.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic