icon

03 sequoia, viper 4103xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxshea 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys brand new here. Did some searching and just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I get started.
I'm installing the Viper 4103XV on a 2003 Toyota Sequoia.
I have an XK05 interface and a loader to flash it with PKT2 firmware.
In the Xpresskit install diagram it says that I will connect Data IMO, IMI (cutting between) and ignition in and that no other wires need to be connected with D2D to the Viper. It shows where the IMO and IMI wires are located but does not say anything about the ignition in wire. Anybody know off hand about that one?
Also, is this correct that no other wires will need to be connected in this install?
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help offered!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,790
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
The XK05 w/PKT2 install guide only lists the wires that it needs to function. There are still many wires from the R/S to the vehicle that need to be connected.
Here are several sources for vehicle wiring :
The 12 Volt : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.html
Bulldog Security : http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp
Audiovox : http://techservices.audiovox.com/AccessRequest.aspx    Requires free sign-up.
DEI : http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp
Soldering is fun!
mxshea 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you.
I see that there are 2 ignition wires, not sure which one the Xpresskit instructions are saying to connect to as "ignition in".
I was told that with the Xpresskit hooking up the R/S would be a matter of connecting 6-8 wires rather than 20+.
Searching through Xpresskit and Vipers instructions, I am still confused.
Vipers says "you can use D2D to connect with an Xpresskit...the advantage of using an Xpresskit with D2D is less wire connections. Refer to Xpresskit instructions for which wires are not needed."
Xpresskits says that only those wires from my original post are needed when connecting D2D.
Stumped.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry to be the one that breaks the bad news to you...  While there are some vehicles that can

be done with very few wires using the correct R/S and bypass module, yours is not one of them.

This will be for a basic install going D2D between the XK05 and the Viper.

Viper           2003 Sequoia

H1/1 LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK  (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM   N.U.

H1/2 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY REARM   N.U.
H1/3 YELLOW (+) IGNITION OUT (TO ALARM)           N.U.
H1/4 WHITE/ BLUE (-) ACTIVATION INPUT     N.U.
H1/5 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN LOCKED           N.U.
H1/6 BROWN (-) 200mA HORN OUTPUT      BLACK / YELLOW  (-)  horn switch, white 12 pin plug, pin 6
H1/7 RED / WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT    N.U.
H1/8 BLACK GROUND   Chassis Ground
H1/9 WHITE (+/-) LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT     Set to (-) Green (-)  headlight switch, white 17 pin plug, pin 14     

1 BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT         YELLOW /GREEN (-)  ignition key switch, white 2 pin plug, pin 2

2 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT       N.U.
3 PURPLE (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT N.U.
4 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION OUTPUT         N.U.

1 PINK (+) OUTPUT TO IGNITION CIRCUIT BLACK/ Red ( plus XK05 Blue wire )

2 PURPLE (+) OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT      BLACK/ White
3 ORANGE (+) OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT Pink
4 RED (+) (30A)) HIGH CURRENT 12 INPUT           WHITE/ Red
5 PINK/WHITE (+) PROGRAMMABLE OUTPUT         BLACK / YELLOW   *** Set to IGN2
6 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT           WHITE/ Red

1 BLUE (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT           See DEI TechTip #1070

2 EMPTY NOT USED https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1167
3 GREEN (-) LOCK OUTPUT

H2/1 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT   Chassis Ground

H2/2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE    YELLOW /GREEN (ac)  @ ECM, far right plug, pin 5
H2/3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE         GREEN / WHITE (+)  driver kick, white 12 pin plug, pin H
H2/4 GRAY (-) HOOD PINSWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE          Hood Pin supplied in kit   ***
H2/5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOG N.U.

***  If your truck is equipped with the Factory Hood Pin, then you can use this wire :

Blue/White (-)   Body ECU, white 20 pin plug, pin 5

XK05

D2D cable handles the Brown, Red and Black wires.
Blue wire goes to Viper thick Pink IGN1 wire.
The rest ( Green, Violet/White, Violet & Orange ) get connected to the vehicle as documented in install guide.

You will have to connect the lock wires as per TechTip #1070 because the Factory remotes will not work

while the engine is running.  You will need some 1N4001 diodes and go into the drivers door.

As always, all the wires should be located and verified with a DMM prior to making a quality solder connection.

Soldering is fun!
mxshea 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Wow...I really appreciate that Kreg! I will spend several hours studying the information you've provided and make sure I do this right.
Thank you so much.
Steve
mxshea 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
I still have not started this project as a lot of things have gotten in the way, plus a trip to Radio Shack where they had no diodes or relays to do the 1070 discouraged me.
I already have an XPLOADER and the XK05, I was wondering if the XK01 is a solution that might work for my application. Can you use an XK01 and an XK05 together? Would this eliminate some of the wiring, most importantly going into the door and using diodes and a relay?
kreg357 
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the XK01 flashed with the TOYDL firmware will handle the vehicles locks and alarm system.
This will save you from going into the doors and that associated hardware.   Yes, you can use two
modules.  The XK05 can go D2D and the XK01 is strictly hardwired as per the install guide.
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic