icon

05 tl tach wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so here's my project.I want to install a digital Tach display on this car! The problem is that I can't use a fuel injector or coil wire as an input for the Digital Tach.And the car does not have a a wire with a true tach signal,my question is for instance an IDATALINKor a DBALL can use data from this car and output a tach signal. Can this tach signal be used as a usable input for the Digital Tach Display and is this output from either module contain the necessary information ? I just wanted to have some inputs before I try it! Howie,Kreg,Chris,Mike?       Thanks for any input.
triniforever
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure what the vehicle is but how about a DEI 464 inductive tach generator, feeds off the "noise" from the battery alternator wire and converts it to a tach readable pulse.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie I'm gonna look into that piece.
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and the vehicle is a 2005 Acura TL .
triniforever
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if this will help, but I saw some pictures of the wiring on your car and it looks just like the same year Accord. At least the fusebox looks exactly the same. So, on the Accord I normally get the Tach wire at a brown junction connector to the left of the steering column and brake. Its only at the top of the connector, and it's Blue/Red in the corner. It doesn't come out the other side, so you need to unclip it and pull it down a little. Hopefully its there on the TL too.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so here's my progress,as per Howie I bought the tach generator from DEI but when connected to the car and the signal from the tach generator was connected to the digital tach,it didn't work,thanks anyway Howie.After doing research on this car I ended up ordering piece from MSD called a tach driver.Should be here on Thursday,now that being said ,I will definitely look into what flobee4 is saying.BTW this Acura is a beast on the road lol, but with the mods I'm doing to engine ,I need a shift light with a digital tach when I'm in manual mode . it's a neat little project that's the last piece to the added horses to the car. Thanks guys for all the help I will keep you posted
triniforever

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic