icon

2012 jeep liberty, backup camera integration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadowinfector 
Copper - Posts: 199
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
2012 jeep liberty backup camera integration into factory navi screen? has anyone done this? Client is interested. any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
navtv.com can help you. You need the AllGIG_XG-HS and the harness AllGIG A/V & Camera Harness plus the camera of your choice.
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
thanks i will check them out
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know of another alternative....seems kinda steep
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
coastaletech.com None of them are cheap.
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
thanks
trappercub 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Guys, and Dolls if any come to this site. Response to Backup Camera for Liberty.
After MUCH exhausting research here is what I found. I own a 2012 Jeep Liberty, had 51 miles on is when I drove it off the lot last month. Had uconnect installed, Decided I wanted backup camera after driving the loner they gave me when hooking up the uconnect. Here is what I found, Lockpick and Navtv are both expensive and there is no way around it, you are going to need one or the other, however, I found a site that sells the entire kit, the AllGig, the Wire harness and Camera, (rear only the front will cost you extra.) As my Jeep is new, I did not want to drill into my new bumper so I upgraded to the license plate cam for $20 more. I just ordered it yesterday, should be here friday or saturday at the latest, so they say. After instillation I will update everyone on how easy it was to install, how it looks and works. The entire kit was $299, but with $20 upgrade $319 Shipping is free. From everything I saw online I would have to buy the Navtv or lockpick then the av harness and decide on a cam which all totaled more than the $299 this company offered for everything. I will say thisI called for over a week to attempt to reach a live person, that wont happen, you will have to leave a message and number, the will call you back, however, I Have not received my product and have not had to call customer support, That is why I hesitated in buying this, as if there is a problem, I am doubting I will be able to get a live person or they will not even attempt to call back now that they have my money. We will see and I will keep you all posted on Customer service and the product its self.
Thanks
trapper
Thorsten Weibelto
trappercub 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
This is an update to the nightmare that is the backup camera problems I am having with my 2012 jeep Liberty. After almost two weeks of waiting and calling I have yet to receive the Backup Camera System from Jemko, I will not be getting it now because they have canceled the order and say they will credit my credit card, (if their billing department is anything like customer service it will be next year before I get my refund. Please people, learn from me, pay the extra, use coastal or crutchfield, This company is bad news and lies to you every step of the way, sending out bogus tracking numbers to shipments the post office says they do not have, they will tell you the post office has held on to your package for 3 days, with no reason why, when pressed they will tell you they sent it UPS, however you will receive no information on that either, When you call them on these facts that is when the cancel your order. I wish I had spent the extra money, I would have my backup camera and it would be installed.
I was anxiously awaiting the backup camera system to install and let you all know how it worked. As you can no see, I will not be doing that as the camera system, (in my eyes) does not exist and never has.
The few of you that have contacted me asking me personally how things were going, you now know that they are not going at all, please message me again, I Can send you all the documentation to what I am saying about this company, all empty We are sorry E mails from these guys and then the just out right we dont care attitude of how wrong they have done you and the fact they are willing to do NOTHING to make any of the inconvenience up to you. In short, yes, spend the extra money on companies we know we can trust.
Thorsten Weibelto

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic