easycar e7b on 2 grand prix's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tjnevis 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone!
I bought 2 Easycar E7B kits to install on 2 different Pontiac Grand Prix's that I have - a 2000 GTP and 2006 GXP. I've got some questions about the system and some vehicle specific issues. Push button, knock sensor, lock/unlock works on both cars.
The first challenge is the instructions provided in my kit were slightly different than the ones online here: http://easycaralarm.com/data/installation/M7700B-772AS_E7-B_E5-B_771AS.pdf. Since I found out the red wire is not the brake sensor wire, I've been following the online installation manual.
Easycar E7B specific questions:
- When the remote start failure flashes go, is it AFTER the first 3? There is a pause after the first 3 blinks, then it blinks 7 more times.
- I notice that when I turn the car off, specifically - when the door light comes on, the car flashes 10 times. Is that supposed to happen?
- Are the above 2 related?
- Remote start won't work (both cars). To be fair, I don't have the PASSKEY III bypass, but I tested it with the key in the ignition and the car flashes 9 times. I cut the wire under the main cover to run as an automatic, not a manual car. Does the reservation mode have anything to do with the remote start not working? I don't understand what the purpose of it is, but it seems like it's for manual cars only.
2000 GTP specific questions:
- Push button start works, but no radio comes on, am I using the wrong accessory wire?
2000 GTP wiring:
I followed this: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1881.html
CN1 (all wires, ignition switch harness, removed the steering column plastic)
E7B COLOR   FUNCITON        GTP WIRE COLOR
Yellow      + Output to Starter Yellow
White       + Output to Ignition 2 White
Green       + Output to Ignition 1 Pink
RED / White   + 12V Power 2    Red
Blue        + Output to Accessory  Orange
Red        + 12V Power 1    Red
CN2
Used the INT plug and grounded black        Grounded with bolt by steering column
CN3
Yellow      Door Unlock Output  White (left side of drivers kick panel, behind parking brake)
Green       Door Lock Output Light Blue (left side of drivers kick panel, behind parking brake)
Violet      + Output to Signal Light        Brown (parking lights, little door behind the light switch on the left)
Gray        + Key Trigger Output Not used
Brown       + Output to TrunkBLACK/ White (passenger side, pull up the carpet, the wire harness right under the kick panel cover)
White       + Output to Siren
Orange      -250mA Key Trigger Output       Not Used
Blue        -250mA Output to Signal Light   Not Used
Violet/White -250mA Status/Bypass  Not hooked up, using key in iginition for push button and to test remote start (for now)
Black        - Ground        Grounded with bolt by steering column
CN4
Green       + Alternator/Noise Sensing      Not used - using noise sensing (under main cover)
Brown       + Parking Light Input/Lock Input Not Used
Yellow      + Foot Brake Input  White (under kick panel, near steering column)
Red        + Door Trigger Input Gray/Black(kick panel light bulb, positive wire)
RED / Black   - Door Trigger Input Not Used
White       - Parking Brake Grounded
Blue        + ACC Input to Keybox  Connected with blue wire in CN1
ORANGE / Black - Preheating Light Input       Not Used
Violet/Black - Trunk Trigger Input RED / Black (under kick panel, near steering column)
CN5 (Easy Door Lock), CN6 (Shock Sensor), CN7 (Antenna), CN8 (Start Button), CN10 (LF Module), CN11 (Temperature Sensor) - all connected appropriately
CN9
NO WIRES USED
2006 GXP specific questions:
- No push button start, flashes 4 times (3 flashes, then delay and then 1 flash)
- If I lock the car, alarm goes off; I think this might have to do with the red or RED / black wire and the delay the car takes for the light to dim. What can I do about this?
2006 GXP wiring:
I followed this: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~94625
CN1
E7B COLOR   FUNCITON        GXP WIRE COLOR
Yellow      + Output to Starter Yellow (BCM C1, under kick panel, there are 3 wires in a row, yellow/pink/brown)
White       + Output to Ignition 2 Not Used
Green       + Output to Ignition 1 Pink (BCM C1, under kick panel,there are 3 wires in a row, yellow/pink/brown)
RED / White   + 12V Power 2    Red (from passenger side by the fusebox)
Blue        + Output to Accessory  Brown (BCM C1, under kick panel,there are 3 wires in a row, yellow/pink/brown)
Red        + 12V Power 1    Red (from passenger side, by the fusebox)
CN2
Used the INT plug and grounded black        Grounded with bolt by steering column
CN3
Yellow      Door Unlock Output  ORANGE / Black (BCM C2, panel inside the door jamb to the left of the steering wheel)
Green       Door Lock Output RED / Black (BCM C2, panel inside the door jamb to the left of the steering wheel)
Violet      + Output to Signal Light        Brown (parking lights, passenger side fusebox)
Gray        + Key Trigger Output Not used
Brown       + Output to TrunkRED / Black (BCM C2, panel inside the door jamb to the left of the steering wheel - careful of other RED / black wire next to it [door lock])
White       + Output to Siren
Orange      -250mA Key Trigger Output       Not Used
Blue        -250mA Output to Signal Light   Not Used
Violet/White -250mA Status/Bypass  Not hooked up, using key in iginition for push button and to test remote start (for now)
Black        - Ground        Grounded with bolt by steering column
CN4
Green       + Alternator/Noise Sensing      Not used - using noise sensing (under main cover)
Brown       + Parking Light Input/Lock Input Not Used
Yellow      + Foot Brake Input  White (under kick panel, near steering column)
Red        + Door Trigger Input Gray/Black(kick panel light bulb, positive wire)
RED / Black   - Door Trigger Input Not Used
White       - Parking Brake Grounded
Blue        + ACC Input to Keybox  Connected with blue wire in CN1
ORANGE / Black - Preheating Light Input       Not Used
Violet/Black - Trunk Trigger Input Light Blue (BCM C2, panel inside the door jamb to the left of the steering wheel)
CN5 (Easy Door Lock), CN6 (Shock Sensor), CN7 (Antenna), CN8 (Start Button), CN10 (LF Module), CN11 (Temperature Sensor) - all connected appropriately
CN9
NO WIRES USED
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough. Thanks so much for your help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
On the 2000 GP, there is an ACC2 wire.  It is Brown.  You could try a 20 amp fused jumper wire as a test during a remote start to see if the radio works properly.  If that is the answer you will need a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay and a 20 Amp fuse w/holder to wire up and support the second accessory wire, you can't just tie them both ( ACC1 & ACC2 ) together and feed them off the CN1 Blue wire.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

On the 2006 GP GTP, the dome light delay could be the issue.

Think I would try doing the door triggers the long way.  These wire are found at the BCM ***.
The driver door trigger is Gray/Black in pin 26, the front passenger door is BLACK/ White in pin 17,
the left rear door is Lt. Blue/Black in pin 7, and the right rear door is Lt. GREEN/ Black in pin 5. Use all
four wires and diode isolate each ( 1N4001 diode with band away from the R/S brain ) .
Connect this one, combined, wire to the R/S RED / Black (-) Door Trigger Input wire.

*** The BCM (Body Control Module) is below the driver side dash to the left of the steering column.

Radio Shack sells 1N4001 diodes in a 5 Pack for around $2.

Soldering is fun!
tjnevis 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2013 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks kreg. I haven't had a chance to get around to trying these options out yet, but I wanted to say thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
The 2006 door trigger fix seems pretty easy to do. For the 2000 radio issue, I can give that a try too.
I'm still trying to figure out the remote start issues too, especially with summer creeping up! =)
Thanks again. I'll let you know what I find out after I try your advice out!
tjnevis 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2013 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
For those of you who want to know what's been going on...
I've been working on it since March and I am almost (finally) done installing it in 2 cars. The 2 E7-B brains I have had an issue with 'hood open', 6 flashes, and wouldn't remote start. Come to find out there are about 500 M7700 series brains with this issue. The one thing that makes Easycar suck is their quality control. I decided to ditch the push button and I got an E702S (M7000) brain. The instructions were more clear and the wire layout makes more sense too. I just used all of the E7-B peripherals I already had, including the remote.
I found an installer who has been in the business for 17 years and it turns out Easycar is (almost) Compustar. I guess a guy worked at Compustar, separated and did his own thing in Korea, taking the rights he owned from Compustar and created Easycar. To this day, Easycar and Compustar share technologies, like the Easy Door (knock lock/unlock), Compustar's version is RPS Touch.
Anyway, Compustar is coming out with a new pro series unit that has EZ-GO installed in the remote, just like Easycar's RFID/LF technology, in the 4th quarter 2013. They have EZ-GO now, but you have to add that onto your keychain. Compustar also has other cool modules you can add, like Drone. I wish I knew of Compustar before I got waist deep into Easycar.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic