icon

04 titan crank no start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
longboy64 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2013 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
My remote start only starts when I use the key in the ignition. I have a dball bypass no key required an a Audiovox aps57c remote start. I hooked this thing up twice with the same results each time I really need help soon. All the installers are too far to take it too. Please help.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2013 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds like a transponder bypass issue.  Could use some more info to assist.

What firmware is flashed on the DB-ALL bypass module?  It should be 401.NISS01.

For your 2004 Titan, the bypass module only handles the transponder and supplies
the brake signals.

Has the Titan ever had the BCM replaced?  If the dealer had to replace the BCM,

it is possible the DB-ALL can do handle everything listed for the 2005 and newer
Titans.

Did the DB-ALL module program exactly as per the steps listed in the install guide?

Also note that after programming you can go into module Feature programming to
set Option 3 to OEM Disable ( the DB-ALL can not control the Factory Alarm on the
2004 Titan, if equipped ).  See page 22 for more info.

How are you connected between the DB-ALL and the APS57C?  I am not an

AudioVox user but I believe going D2D is OK.  However, it is only 5 or 6 wires
to run between the modules in W2W mode and that will always work.

On Page 23 of the DB-ALL install guide there is a chart with module LED status

conditions that might provide some useful information.

Soldering is fun!
longboy64 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2013 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
The bcm has not been replaced, but the ipdm has been replaced with a 2006. The bypass is connected W2W. And flashed 401. Niss01. I really don't know how to do D2D connection. In the manuel it says auto lights but my truck has no auto lights so that wire is not connected.
longboy64 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2013 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
I contacted xpress kit an they tell me it's not the dball unit it's the audiovox remote start. Then audiovox tells me it's the dball module. So each blame the other.but it sounds like dball module is bad to me. Because it starts with the key in any position an stay running when I remove the key. Anyone knows what can I do.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2013 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with the DBALL on these trucks. Does it use the 4 pin harness at the transponder or is it all handled through the CAN wires? Anyways make sure you are on the transponder plug. It is very high up on the ignition switch and there is another 4 pin harness a little further down that is easier to see. I have made that mistake a time or two. 04 titan crank no start -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2013 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

Going back to Kreg's question: 

Did the DB-ALL module program exactly as per the steps listed in the install guide?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
longboy64 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2013 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
It goes through can wire . I took the gwr wire on the dball an grounded it an it starts without the key but now the light for the factory alarm stays on but it starts.and the dball blinks all the time.
longboy64 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2013 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
Yes the dball programmed just like the instructions said. Tomorrow i'm going to recheck that gwr wire an reprogram the dball an remote start.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2013 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you are on the right track with the GWR problem. What wire did you use for your GWR status? The light blue or the little yellow plug with a red and a black wire? Definitely use the light blue status out as sometimes the programing can drop out for the little yellow plug.  04 titan crank no start -- posted image.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
longboy64 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2013 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the little yellow wire not doing the job. The light blue wire not showing a negative on my meter so I grounded the little blue and the one on dball an it is working fine. Just have to work on the factory security light that stay on. It will go off if I turn off truck an start it with key so i'll do more testing.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic