icon

unpair delete remote from alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
araltd 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
is it possible to unpair a 2-way remote control from an alarm?
My son has a Clifford 570 system with black and white remote. I have the Clifford 5902x with color remote. My color remote was damaged, and he had an extra 2-way b/w remote. So I paired his extra 2-way remote to my alarm, which worked. But now that remote works both vehicles! LOL. So I can lock, unlock and remote start 2 cars at the same time with a single remote and button press.
How do I remove the remote from one of the alarms? I can find that in my search?
araltd 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
Obviously I meant I can not find the answer in my search. LOL
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 18, 2013 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  
The alarm will only support 4 remotes at a time. If you program the other working remote into the system 4 times, that will be the only remote that will work that system.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

Or, you can delete all remotes from your son's car, and then re-pair the ones you want on his car. 

I had the same thing happen to me with my wifes car and my work van.  Gave her a new remote, used her old one on my van. Started both vehicles at the same time until I deleted all remotes from hers and re-paired one to her car.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
we87 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:

Or, you can delete all remotes from your son's car, and then re-pair the ones you want on his car. 

How exactly is this done?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Open a door.

Turn the ignition to ON position.

Within 10 seconds press the control center button twice and release...then press and hold the button.  should get two chirps from the siren and two flashes from the LED. Do not release the control button

Press the lock button on a paired remote. That should remove all remotes from memory. Release control button, turn ignition to OFF position.

Re-pair remotes desired.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2013 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, rather busy but it occurred to me that that unit isn't a keyless entry unit, simply a remote transmitter and receiver as such you need those "channels" to put out POS pulses to trigger the vehicle lock/unlock relays.
araltd 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:

Open a door.

Turn the ignition to ON position.

Within 10 seconds press the control center button twice and release...then press and hold the button.  should get two chirps from the siren and two flashes from the LED. Do not release the control button

Press the lock button on a paired remote. That should remove all remotes from memory. Release control button, turn ignition to OFF position.

Re-pair remotes desired.

Worked great! Many thanks!
perryalforda 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 DODGE NEON with an after market alarm on it. the name on the box is alarm system and I was wanting to find out how to take it off if possible. as of now the car will not crank when you trun the key it is just like the battery is bead. I have power to the switch but no power going to the starter.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2013 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
Find the starter wire there will be a relay or two wires joined to this wire from the alarm, re-join those starter wires.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic