2004 jeep grand cherokee build

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
architect97 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I am hoping to begin my install shortly.  I thought I would share my system with all of you here.  Comments appreciated.

Vehicle:

• 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited,
  • 4.7 Liter V8,
  • All factory options, except navigation.

I am beginning my research on high output alternators and which battery I should go with.  Any suggestions?

Audio Equipment:

• Factory Source Unit through an,
  • Audison Bit One,
  • Amplified by an Alpine PDX-5 supplying
  • Seas Prestige 4 ohm 1" textile dome tweets,
  • Silver Flute 4 ohm 6.5" mids
  • and a TC Sounds Epic 10" (sealed).  

I am planning on the Big 3 upgrade (hopefully with a new alternator and battery), running 4awg  from battery, through a 150 amp inline MIDI fuse to the back of the vehicle (probably under the back seats or the cargo area), where a fused distribution block will split into one 8awg power wire (fused at 100 amps) into the Alpine PDX-5 and the Audison Bit One gets a 14 awg (i'm unsure if this is sufficient) fused with a 10 amp AGU fuse (BCAE1.com). 

Does this seem sufficient?  Are my wire sizes adequate?  No fires, I mean...

Can I split the 4awg main power wire the way that I have stated above?  Should I use a fused distribution block with AGU fuses or does some company make a hybrid MIDI and AGU fused distribution block?

All advice is greatly appreciated!!!  I still have to order these components yet, so any answers will help me get ready for install!!

Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!!

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
The Bit One is a powerful DSP. I assume you are also using the DRC controller, yes? What is your crossover plan for those drivers?
Support the12volt.com
architect97 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there, sorry for the delay in answering, work was kicking my rear...
Yes, I am planning on using the DRC. I hate to say it, but I am unfortunately less than an expert on crossovers. This will be my first system with a crossover. So, to answer your question about the slopes, I am unsure right now (that will be another post in the future - consider this forewarning! Just kidding).
I didn't seem to answer your question very well, DYohn, so I apologize. I am just getting back into the scene after a loooong hiatus, so consider me a newbie with wide eyes and open ears -just ask haemphyst!
Thanks for your time and willingness to help! I look forward to hearing back from you.
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 4.7L V8, Mechman 170 amp Alternator, Big 3, Factory Source Unit, Audison Bit One.1, Alpine PDX-5, Seas Prestige 1", Silver Flute 6.5", TC sounds Epic 10" Sealed.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2013 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
No prob. If you post the exact model numbers for the tweets and mid-woofs you plan to use I might be able to help you structure your Xover.
Support the12volt.com
architect97 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2013 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  

Here are the model numbers and links to the specs at Madisound:

Tweeters: Seas Prestige 27TFFNC/G - H1396  

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-tweeters/seas-prestige-27tffnc/g-h1396-1-textile-dome-tweeter/

Mids:  Silver Flute W17RC38-04

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/silver-flute-woofers-6-7/silver-flute-w17rc38-04-ohm-6-1/2-wool-cone/

Does the wiring scenario in my original post seem adequate?  Specifically, the 4awg through the fused dist. block splitting into an 8awg to the amp and a 14 awg to the Bit One?  Or should the 4awg run from the dist. block to the amp, also? 

The Audison Manual's diagram shows a fused power wire directly from the battery, running straight to the Bit One.  Is my scenario acceptable?  This is an expensive piece of equipment and I'd like to take care of this more than any other component in my system, so I would like to do this properly.  Actually, I'd like to do the whole system properly - that's why I'm here, I guess!

Talk soon!

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 4.7L V8, Mechman 170 amp Alternator, Big 3, Factory Source Unit, Audison Bit One.1, Alpine PDX-5, Seas Prestige 1", Silver Flute 6.5", TC sounds Epic 10" Sealed.
DYohn 
Posted: June 02, 2013 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
I recommend running 4AWG power and ground to the amp. Your plan for the Audisson power is fine. That tweeter is very good and likes to be crossed over no lower than 2500Hz, so I recommend crossing the woofer to the tweet at 2500Hz using a 24db/oct slope. The woofer should be fine down to about 100Hz to there's your high pass for the woof and your low pass for the subwoofer. I'd use no more than 12db/oct for this crossover.
Should sound pretty good!
Support the12volt.com
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
If you do the Audison make sure someone around you can tune it with an RTA microphone to make it sound the best! Its worth every penny!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic