icon

ninja strength velcro?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ludecrous 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2003 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

need some ninja strength velcro to hold a sub, anyone have any ideas on Brand names or where I can get hold of ?

thanks

- just a n00bie at this -
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2003 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

What's your situation?  i.e. vehicle, sub, enclosure, desired mounting location, etc.?   I'm guessing since you're thinking of velcro you're trying to mount a subwoofer somewhere and be able to easily move it.  There are many other ways to do this and they will probably be much more effective than using velcro.  Not to mention you're gonna have to use a whole BUNCH of velcro--regardless of how strong it is--for it to really be able to secure a sub properly.

Search google for "hook and loop" OR "hook & loop" and you'll get lots of results cuz velcro's a trademark name so companies can't use it.  In particular check out 3m's fasteners  cuz 3m makes some of the best adhesives and tapes available so I would bet their velcro-type fasteners are top notch as well.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
Ludecrous 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2003 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
I am debating between velcroing a sub in place or using bungie cords. I don't really want to drill into my car and there are other mounting restrictions such as false floors with foam beneath, thats why I though velcro may do the trick, and then my gf just said bungie cord it, since my trunk has lots of tie points for cords.
- just a n00bie at this -
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2003 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

In that case, a more secure alternative might be to get a couple eyehook screws to screw into the box, maybe one on each side of the box (except for the bottom).  Then run cords through the hooks.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
zoopa_man 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
You can look in your local craft store for some industrial strength velcro. I know Jo-Ann Fabrics stores carry it by the yard. It comes in strips about four inches wide too. The glue on the back will stick to just about anything flat enough to adhire to and the velcro side is almost impossible to get apart after you push the two sides together. It should be plenty enough to keep a sub box from rolling around in the trunk. As I said, it's made by Velcro and sold in Jo-Ann Fabrics stores, but if you don't have a Jo-Ann's near home check out your local craft store they may have what your looking for. Here's a link on Velcro's site that shows what your looking for http://www.velcro.com/industrial/index.html

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic