icon

bypass steering lock on a 07 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fatbambooshoot 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2013 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
I unplugged the main ignition harness wire (12V, AC, IGN, etc) from the steering wheel for a aftermarket keyless entry + remote starter.
But I still notice that whenever I stuff a key, even a random house key, inside the ignition cylinder, the pretty blue background light on the dash still comes on.
I am trying to bypass the steering lock by leaving just the blade of my key inside the key cylinder and leave it at ON position, but would the battery drain be dramatic or negligible?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2013 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
You need to interrupt the keysense wire from the cylinder. It is most likely a separate connector.
Here is the information for the wire you are looking for:
Key Sense     PINK     (-)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
I am going out on a limb here and guessing you are installing an Advance Keys??? If so, there should be a wire you can connect to the vehicle side of the keysense wire so that when you are in range, it will act the same as if you put your key in the ignition.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
fatbambooshoot 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
The ignition main harness doesnt have a pink wire. That harness only have five wires: ign. starter. Acc. Acc2. 12v.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2013 at 4:03 AM / IP Logged  
On a separate plug to the ignition harness adjacent to the key barrel.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic