icon

viper/idata link

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramr0d 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Ok so first install, I have a viper 5704 paired with an idata link multiseries installed on an 07 dodge ram. So the command start function works fine in either w2w and d2d. The door locks (unlock/lock) both work in w2w, but only the lock function works in d2d. No problem right.... just use w2w but, in w2w the horn honks/doors lock every time i put the vehicle into drive and release the brake even if i just start it normally with the key. is this normal?? its just annoying. Also any reason the unlock function does not work in d2d? the alarm is disarmed when the unlock button is pressed but the door locks dont even atttempt to move. thanks in advance!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 11, 2013 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
D2D works well most of the time, but when it doesn't work, you're kinda screwed. The system is not troubleshoot-able, the manufacturers (both remote starter and bypass module) refuse to document any of it, and will not help you if you call. They'll generally just tell you to go wire-to-wire, even though you paid for and deserve for the data to work.
As for your other problem with the car locking and honking at key startup, is the Viper's ignition-controlled doorlocks feature turned on?
Many of the DEI-brand units come with ignition controlled locks set to "on" as default. I guess it's supposed to be so the car will lock when you start the engine so people can't rob you at stoplights, but it primarily serves to lock babies, dogs, and car keys inside the car at inopportune times.
Your Ram probably already locks the doors when you accelerate to a certain speed, right? I would go into the Viper's programming and turn off the ignition locks.
ramr0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
hi thanks for the response. im fine using w2w but i was just having a problem with the doors only locking half the time after the command start function was used. So I was playing arround with some of the settings and i think i did turn on ignition controlled locks as well as the remote start safelock. I will try turning off the ign ctrl lcks and see if that fixes it. I could care less that they lock as soon as i start moving and like you said they lock themselves anyway once i hit like 30km or whatever.thanks
ramr0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

Also ive been getting the consensus that the door locks must unlock themselves (6 seconds on mine) when the command start function is used to deactivate the factory alarm or whatever. just want to confirm this is normal and cant be changed to remain locked during remote start.

racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

I have not tried this yet myself, but you can try putting the negative starter wire to lock to relock the doors during cranking. If the truck sees the ignition on it SHOULD forget to arm the alarm but allow the doors to lock.

This is why I <3 avox. Pulse after start for the win. viper/idata link - Last Post -- posted image.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
ramr0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
Good info thanks that fixed the door lock problem. Im not too worried about the doors being unlocked for a few seconds, if I move to the ghetto il try modifying.viper/idata link - Last Post -- posted image. how about disarming the viper alarm with the factory unlock button on my factory key. Right now only the viper remote will disarm the alarm system. I dont need the command start funciton for 6 months of the year (if im lucky) and dont want to carry an extra remote on my keychain. If I remember correctly the factory fob would do both (unlock/disarm) in data mode. Is this a setting under programming features? none of them seem obvious to change this.
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
Hopefully someone else can chime in on that one. I am more of an avox expert as far as the advanced stuff. Curious why if everything is working on the viper remote you don't want to just toss the factory fob in a drawer?
ramr0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

My factory truck key incorporates the unlock/lock buttons which kind of sucks for this situation. oh well i bought if more for the command start portion anyway security system was kind of a bonus.

racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
I hear ya there. On the older keys we just took the battery out of the keys, but on the new laser keys I don't know if that would be advisable.
ramr0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

Il just carry arround the extra remote in winter. Said and done im happy Im only 280.00 into this, i thought this being 2013 i wouldnt have such things as the doors unlocking during command start, d2d not working, and such. But i am quite happy with other features such as the range and temp report,. A buddy got the same system installed on his ranger by an electronics store for just abou 1k. thanks for your help guys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic