icon

2006 chevy impala ss bose

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
The car already has aftermarket head unit. Looking to replace speakers in the front doors and rear deck and run them off a new rockford fosgate 4 channel amp. What would be the best way? to run new speaker wires to each door or just grab them at the amp? Also does the front tweeters run in series with the door . aka if i hook up to factory speaker wire for the front door speaker will the tweeter be powered too?
thanks again
Ryan
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
The easy way would be to grab the speaker outputs at the amp but if it was my vehicle I would rerun all new speaker wire for SQ reasons.
It also depends on the power the amp is putting out as well. If the amp is low powered, 50 watts per channel or under, use the factory amp otherwise run new speaker wire.
On the Bose trucks in 06', the tweeters where ran in series I believe but not for sure on the Impala SS. I assume it's the same setup. Use a tone generator at the tweeter wire to see if you get audio from the door speaker and tweeter. I would put in components and replace the factory tweeter and the door woofer (not sure what you're trying to do with the tweeter wiring).
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
That was the plan. I just didnt want to put the wrong load on the new amp. Its the prime r300x4. so 50x4. I just dont want the wrong freq. getting to the tweeter. The customer wants coaxial cause there money is tight. So i was gonna grab the wire at the amp then power the door speaker. If its in series then I will run a new wire to the door speaker and leave the tweeters on the a pillars and on the rear deck ran off the amp. Car has 6x9's and 3 inch tweeter on the rear deck. Would that cause any issues?
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
Are you replacing the tweeters? If not don't amplify them they will blow. I would recommend disconnecting the tweeter's and use a tone generator at the Bose amplifier output harness and see if you get a tone from the door and 6x9 speakers.
If you do, disregard the tweeters and amplify the four speakers. If you don't get a tone, you are gonna have to run speaker wire like you were saying before.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
if you are replacing all four speakers then i would not hook the factory tweeters up at all because it wouldnt be necessary and you wouldnt gain anything by doing it, especially if you are changing the speakers to something high end. basically you are mixing good speakers and poor speakers which will always drag down the good speakers. a system is only as good as its weakest component.
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
They are all amped. I have a pinout and know what wires to tap into at the amp. I will be checking the speakers just to make sure though. Thanks again guys for the answers!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic