icon

2003 jdm rx8 and clfford.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phunt7368 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
Hi fellas. 1st time poster. I have been trying to research a problem with my new car and it's led me here.I've just purchased a 2003 JDM Mazda Rx8 which did have a clifford installed but the previous owner has removed it. from what i can tell they have taken the brain , siren and i think the antenna. My central locking is not working properly from the OEM fob. It will lock with the fob but when i try to lock the car the turn signals flash but the doors dont lock. I'm assuming this is because of the way the clifford has been removed. I would like to know :-
1. If anyone one can identify which model clifford was installed by looking at the pics of the connectors left behind.
2. If identification is possible would it be a straight forward plug and go install if i were to buy the same model.
3. Is there an easy temporary fix for my central locking whilst im trying to figure out which clifford to buy.
Thanks . Here are the pics
2003 jdm rx8 and clfford. -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
It's a G5 Clifford and it's NOT compatible with any other current DEI product, Viper, Python, Clifford Matrix.
The wiring colours will be the same so cut off the the plugs and go wire for wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing either what we in the UK call either an Avant Guard 5.5 or a Concept 650 Mk ll, in the US, Intelliguard 950 or Avant Guard 5.1.
Even the digital dual zone prox shown in the 3rd. picture down behind the gearshift is only compatible with G4/G5 Clifford product.
Note: G4/G5 product is legacy leftover from before DEI took over Clifford.
Actually better made with more stable software but far less features than current product.
I believe you might have to have this installed by a pro, not a job for an amateur, it often takes me longer to remove original equipment and trace its wiring than install from scratch.
phunt7368 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you Howie. So if I was to buy say a clifford g5 arrow 5.1 would it more or less plug in ? I'm no expert but I am quite electrically savvi , I have a multi meter and ive downloaded the installation instructions from here. Also would you agree that this is probably the reason my central locking isn't working?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
The original alarm from the photos had a low current NEG output for lock and unlock, green and blue from a white 3 pin plug, centre pin not used.
Somewhere downwind should have been a pair of relays acting as current AMPLIFIERS on the neg side.
The unlock side has a 1K ohm resistor in line. They are then joined together and joined to the single (known as multiplex) lock/unlock wire.
The new unit will have built in relays wired thus, purple and PURPLE / black take to a good ground, BROWN / black and white black, not used tape up, blue/black, again 1K ohm resistor in line then join to GREEN/ black and then to the vehicle wire.
The antenna might be hidden behind say an "A" pillar, that's how I do them.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Funnily enough the black wiring on those plugs suggest to me UK/European or Australian spec. Where are you located?
phunt7368 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
I'm in the uk. Cornwall. But like I said the car is a jap import.
phunt7368 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ah. That green and blue connector is actually cut, you can see the ends of it at the top of the first pic. This is probably why it wont power lock then yes.?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Then no, joined to the lock wire, not cut.
Wouldn't make any difference. Subject to looking I'd be going for a faulty actuator or vehicle circuitry, not the alarm.
Hence speak to Secure My Car in Bristol.
phunt7368 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. The connector that does concern me though is the one far right in the 4th pic. It looks to me to be part of the original loom but there is nowhere for it to connect to and one wire from it goes to the cars central locking controller.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic