icon

problem programming viper 5904 sst fob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quebert 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
The shop that installed my alarm replaced the brain and I had forgot to take them the 1 way SST FOB. Shop's not exactly close so I decided to try and do it myself. It was working with the old brain, so I know it's good.
I press the F button it for 8 seconds, then open the door and turn the car on, press the valet button quick then hold it until it chirps. After that I press the lock button on the FOB, shouldn't this program it? Because it's not doing anything.
I Googled the heck out of this, but was only finding guides for other alarms. I'd like to get it working, I'm sure there's even a post on here, but I searched and can't find any. What am I doing wrong here? My main FOB with the LED's working perfect.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Go to the downloads section of this site type in 5904 in the search bar and download the install guide for your 5904.  On page 10 are the directions for paring the remotes. 

Follow the steps for the 1 way remote and also notice the procedure for setting up the brain on the top of the page.  Don't be suprised if it takes you a few times to get it. Takes a bit of practice.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
Turn on the ignition and open the door, press and release then press and hold control centre button till control centre LED flashes and siren chirps.
Then hold the f button for 8 seconds, once you get the go press and release the R/S button, LED will flash three times, press the padlock button, siren will chirp and remote's light will lock on.
Turn off ignition, as soon as remote's LED goes out you're ready.
Actually it took me about 3 goes before I got it right and as for the LCD remotes......
I now keep an A4 (11" x 8") copy on my clipboard.
quebert 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies smokeman1 & howie II. I have a problem, I got it to work but after about an hour I had to remove the battery and put it back in for it to work again. I've followed the directions to a tee and about a dozen times in a row now it's the same thing - When I'm finished programming everything works, but after 20 minutes has passed if I want to use it again I have to remove the battery.
This means obviously I didn't do it right, but the instructions are dead simple, I don't see what I could be messing up a dozen times, but apparently I'm not doing something right here. I thought maybe I wasnt existing at the end properly but is it chirping when I'm done so?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Did you test after resetting and did it work?
If so, faulty remote.
quebert 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
after I exit programming mode I test it, and it works. I'm not sure exactly how much time passes before it stops working, but I know the next time I try it, maybe half an hour later it doesn't work. Removing and reinserting the battery always makes it work. But again the next time I want to use it I have to do the battery thing again. I mostly use the 2 way FOB, but would like to have a back up.
Hummm maybe I need to look into if the 2 way without the LED screen would work with this model.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic