the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

need opinions on a radar detector

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2013 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
First, forgive me if this is in the wrong area. Radar detectors make life convenient so I thought it fit well here.
My bank is discontinuing its points program and I have just over 26,600 points to spend. So I need a new radar detector as the one I'm using is a whistler from the mid-to-late 90's. I can get this Cobra Vendetta SLR 600 Cobra Vendetta SLR 600for free with points to spare. I was wondering if anyone has used it. When I saw it, my first thought is to do a custom install of the screen. :)
Thanks in advance for reading!
i think a wire's loose somewhere...
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Merely my comment...
I had a small Passport radar detector years ago but unfortunately soon after, radar detectors became illegal. I regretted not getting a superheterodyne type that would have been undetectable.   (I only recovered half of the Passport's $650 purchase price.)
I have considered getting another detector (superheterodyne) as I have found my biggest driving hazard is constantly checking my speed (ironic eh?) though these days they are also using laser detectors, but radar is still the norm. Alas in nearly 30 years of driving both here and overseas from deserts to ice and doing more mileage than the average driver (and often speeding though not uncommonly below the limit in built-up areas) I have yet to have an accident. So getting fines for being 3km over the limit (mainly due to my 45 year old etc vehicles' imperial speedos) I find somewhat amusing - especially when I pull over to let others hit the obvious impending accident (LOL!) and insist that our license & driver testing is well below par.
Sorry, I vented. But that ~97% of drivers still do not know the roundabout rule nor how roundabouts should work (we are hence converting roundabouts back to traffic lights!), and many of our roads have 2 into 1 lanes without any warning - yeah, I get a bit narky.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
The last para sounds a bit like you've been driving in London, no knowledge of roundabout rules and sudden loss of lanes!
The latest UK news is that they are so far behind with road repairs (2 aircraft carriers but no money for infrastructure).
Instead of repairs they are going to lower the speed limits!
carsandsound345 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
I mentioned in a previous thread that I had recently picked up a few products from App-Tronics at SEMA. One was their Smartnav 5 navigation mirror and the other was their Stealth Interceptor 2300is radar detection and diffusion system. Exactly two weeks prior to my trip to Vegas for the show I got hit by a speed camera and about 3 months before that I had also gotten a speeding ticket in a different area. I had used other major products from different companies in the past yet nothing ever worked the way it was supposed to as I had still gotten the damn tickets.
So far the App-Tronics Stealth Interceptor 2300is has proved to be the only product that actually works the way it says its supposed to. During their presentation of the product at the show they said that it had been police tested with over 30 different guns and they had video from the police departments to prove it! Since I have been home I found myself late to work on multiple occasions and despite my speed I no longer have any fear of getting a ticket! This system has incredible K and Ka distance warnings and I love hearing the system say "laser" multiple times because I can only imagine the frustrated look on the officers face as I drive past and his gun didn't work! I have also been down the same roads where I got the traffic cam ticket and due to the advanced warnings from the built in traffic cam database along with the added comforts of the stealth interceptor 2300is detection and diffusion system I have no worries.
Here are some cool links to show what I'm talking about. If you're like I was and sick of wasting money on stuff that doesn't work its definitely worth a look. And the whole thing only takes 45 minutes to install because they have a special harness system! I love this set up.
http://www.app-tronics.com/stealth.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5VfC671ufw&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scKMIL1Q7OE&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5VfC671ufw&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ABh5QXUj8g&feature=youtu.be
I also forgot to mention that the Stealth Interceptor 2300is comes with a wireless HD Driving Recorder as well! Its a great added bonus with a lot of cool features. Not only does it record while you're driving but it also has a g-shock sensor that starts recording if someone were to bump your car in a parking lot!
Hope this helps!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic