icon

New location for cd/dvd unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2003 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install a 7" monitor into the factory head unit location of my 2002 Chevy Cavalier.  What steps should I follow to build a new location for an aftermarket cd/dvd unit underneath the air controls.  Or should I move the air controls down and use that spot to put the new head unit into?  Any feedback is requested.
cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
I am just trying to figure out how hard it would be to form a location for the air controls or the cd/dvd receiver.  How would I form the fiberglass to fit the receiver into?
1 plus 1 equals 2
completeaudio 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2003 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

when working with fiberglass you need to start off with a frame... most of the time the frame is wood or plastic.  For your application you  may want to start with wood or abs plastic and cut a ring the size of the a/c controls or radio size... once you build the frame then you use a stretchy fabric (fleece, speaker grill cloth) to form your curves around your frame.

For clarification look on my site at the tutorial pages ... the xterra started with a speaker ring and a frame for an amp rack...then used trunk liner to stretch and get the curves.

www.completeaudio.net

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic