icon

2007 dodge ram 1500 sxt quad cab /astra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jblakeley 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to figure out how to wire up a Scytek Astra 4000rs-dbp in a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SXT Quad Cab (3.7 L V6) It does not have sentry key or factory keyless entry or alarm.
I called and spoke to a Scytek representative and they told me all I would need is one Relay for the Remote Start module but as for the rest it would just wire into the corresponding wires on the 16 pin harness with astra system.
I have searched for 2 days and I keep comming across the posts of using multiple relays and resistors to get an aftermarket system to work on an 07.
I would greatly appreciate it of anyone could please help me in providing the exact way I need to wire this system in this truck. Wire Colors and descriptions, Relays, resistors, diodes, etc... Or is the system already equipped with built in relays? I just want to do it right and would appreciate any help :) Thanks Guys
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged  
Try looking above in the vehicle wiring section there are two threads on your year and model.
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  
I have and those are the two posts I am referring to.
My question is is there anything different with the astra 4000rs system in that I wouldn't need the resistors and relays or do I still need to follow that guide in the vehicle wiring thread on my year model truck.
The scytek rep specifically asked me what year make and model. And said I would only need one relay for the remote start. As far as the rest I just matched the wires of the 16 pin connector to the vehicles wires that preformed each function.
I just really need to know what to do any help would be appreciated I don't need a fried truck or a fried brain.. I just wanna know I'm doing it correctly. Any input from someone that has worked with the scytek astra systems would be greatly appreciated thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, can't help you with either the vehicle or the R/S, but some practical tips.
If the vehicle wiring info calls for a POS input, make sure the R/S circuit providing it has adequate power.
If NEG, especially multiplex, you WILL need relays if your R/S only has low current NEG lock outputs.
Normal rule, anything multiplexed, i.e. with resistors required can't be run off the low current and aux outputs of most brands of R/S units, my advice would be to copy the advice and test and listen to Scytek.
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Astra 4000rs-dbp System Wiring
6-Wire Starter Harness
RED - A: Main Power Input A (+). Connect to the battery or constant power wire at the ignition switch with a minimum 30 Amp supply. Remove the fuse until the installation is complete and all wiring is checked.
RED - B: Main Power Input B (+). Connect to the battery or constant power wire at the ignition switch with a minimum 30 Amp supply. Note: if connecting at the ignition switch it is highly recommended to use separate power wires for each Red wire, each with a minimum 30A supply. Remove the fuse until the installation is completed and all wiring is checked.
BROWN: Second Ignition Output (+). The Brown wire provides +12V for a second ignition wire. This wire may instead be programmed for use as a second accessory or second starter wire.
ORANGE: Accessory Output (+). Connect to the accessory wire coming from the ignition switch that supplies power to the heater/air-conditioner. Some cars may have multiple accessory wires.
YELLOW: Ignition Output (+). Connect to the main ignition wire that provides +12V when the ignition is on and while cranking the starter.
VIOLET: Starter Output (+). Connect to the the vehicle’s starter wire.
16-Pin Main Harness
BROWN / WHITE: Horn Output (-) 500 mA. Connect to a relay to activate the vehicle’s horn when the alarm is triggered. This wire may instead be programmed as an ignition 3 relay trigger.
BLACK/ GRAY: Tach Input. Connect to the vehicle’s tach wire or a fuel injector wire if the tachless mode does not provide satisfactory operation.
BROWN: Siren Output (+) 3A. The Brown wire must connect to the siren’s red wire. The Black siren wire must be grounded.
GREEN: Negative Door Input (-). Connect to the door switch circuit wire that shows ground when the door is open.
VIOLET: Positive Door Input (+). Connect to the door switch circuit wire that shows +12V when the door is open. This type of door circuit is usually found on Ford vehicles.
YELLOW : +12V Ignition Input. The Yellow wire must connect to a main ignition wire at the ignition harness. This wire must show +12V when the ignition is on and while cranking the starter. The voltage must not drop when the car is starting.
WHITE/ BLACK: Hood Pin Input (-). Connect the to the hood pin switch. The switch must provide a ground output when switch is opened.
BLACK: Ground Input (-). The Black wire must connect to a solid chassis ground. Clean away any paint or dirt to insure the best possible ground.
BLACK/ WHITE: Dome Light Output (-) 500 mA. Connect to the wire that activates the vehicle’s dome light, usually the door pin switch wire. (see Green and Violet door trigger wires). Note: Must Use Relay.
WHITE/ VIOLET: Factory Disarm Output (-) 500 mA. The Violet/white wire provides a ground output on disarming and before remote starting to disarm a factory security system. Connect to the wire that requires a ground pulse to disarm the factory security system.
BLUE/ORANGE: Ground When Running Output (-) 500 mA. Connect to an optional factory security bypass module if required.
ORANGE: Armed Output (-) 500 mA. The Orange wire provides a ground output while armed to activate a relay for starter defeat and anti-grind protection.
GRAY: Auxiliary 1 Output (-) 500 mA. Connect to a relay for an optional feature such as trunk release, etc. This output may be programmed for momentary, timed, or latched operation.
GREEN / WHITE: Brake Input (+). Connect to the wire that shows +12V when pressing the brake. The GREEN / WHITE wire is a safety shutdown wire that must be connected.
WHITE: Parking Light Output (+/-) relay. Connect the White wire to the circuit that shows +12V or ground only when the parking lights are on and set the internal parking light relay jumper to the proper polarity. For parking light circuits exceeding 10 amps, a relay is required. For vehicle’s with independent left and right parking light circuits, diodes must be installed to keep the circuits separate. NOTE: Do not connect the WHITE wire to the vehicle’s headlight circuit.
RED WIRE: Module Power Input (+). Connect to a constant source of +12V.
Plug-in Connectors
5-Pin White Connector: Two Way Receiver Connector.
4-Pin White Connector: Dual stage shock sensor port.
2-Pin Blue Connector: Valet switch port. Mount program switch in an area that is easily accessible from the driver’s position.
2-Pin Red Connector: LED port. Mount LED in an area where it may be easily seen from either side of the vehicle.
3-Pin White Door Lock Connector: Door lock port.
· BLUE WIRE - negative unlock output (-) 500mA.
· RED WIRE - (+) Not used
· GREEN WIRE - negative lock output (-) 500mA.
5-PIN White Remote Start Relay Module: Connect to Remote Start 6 Wire Relay Module
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
Wouldn't let me copy over truck wiring but can be found at https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_postsm.asp?tid=95175#_index
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
OK I think I have everything figured out.. I do need the relays and resistors for this truck..
However I am stumped on this:
The Astra 4000rs-dbp system has a 6 Pin Starter Harness for the Remote Start. The kicker is is that all the outputs are (+)..
6-Wire Starter Harness
Pin 1 RED - A: Main Power Input A (+). Connect to the battery or constant power wire at the ignition switch
with a minimum 30 Amp supply. Remove the fuse until the installation is complete and all wiring is
checked.
Pin 2 RED - B: Main Power Input B (+). Connect to the battery or constant power wire at the ignition switch
with a minimum 30 Amp supply. Note: if connecting at the ignition switch it is highly recommended
to use separate power wires for each Red wire, each with a minimum 30A supply. Remove the fuse
until the installation is completed and all wiring is checked.
Pin 3 BROWN: Second Ignition Output (+). The Brown wire provides +12V for a second ignition wire. This
wire may instead be programmed for use as a second accessory or second starter wire.
Pin 4 ORANGE: Accessory Output (+). Connect to the accessory wire coming from the ignition switch that
supplies power to the heater/air-conditioner. Some cars may have multiple accessory wires.
Pin 5 YELLOW: Ignition Output (+). Connect to the main ignition wire that provides +12V when the ignition
is on and while cranking the starter.
Pin 6 VIOLET: Starter Output (+). Connect to the the vehicle’s starter wire.
Well the 07 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab has the PURPLE / Brown MUX wire that is a (-) ground wire through 180 ohm resistor. and if I follow the info on DirectFax Document 1084. it says to connect the Orange (-) acc wire to 85 on first relay and the purple (-) start wire on 85 on the other relay.. well my Orange acc wire and the purple start wire on the Asta unit are (+) so how would I wire it? (STUMPED)
also I think I have figured it out but want to double check.. The wiring diagram for my truck says to see DirectFax Doc 1076 for the door pin wiring.. well I have had no such luck in locasting it. all I come up with is http://directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1076.pdf
and I cannot veiw it as I am not an installer nor have my own business so if anyone could be kind enough to provide me with its info I would be greatly appreciative.
thank you all for bearing with me through this.. this is the first time I have attempted installing an alarm/ remote start. Anyone and everyones input is greatly appreciated.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Try this for the PURPLE / Brown MUX wire :
2007 dodge ram 1500 sxt quad cab /astra -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
jblakeley 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys I have everything working except for the lights.. I have followed 3 different relay diagrams and still no luck.. Would greatly appreciate your help..
1st try
N/A - 87a
Ground - 87
Ground w/resistor - 30
12v - 86
- PL output - 85
2nd try
Switch- 87a
Ground w/ resistor - 87
Parking light wire - 30
Ground - 85
+ PL output - 86
3rd try
Switch - 87a
Ground - 87
Parking light wire - 30
+ PL output - 85
Ground - 86
I am resisted at 1130 ohms
I am using wh/ lt grn wire from headlight switch that is the top right if you are looking at it plugged in
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Try this :
Relay Pin 86 to 4000RS (+) Parking Light output
Relay Pin 85 to chassis ground
Relay Pin 87a not used
Relay Pin 87 to chassis ground with 1.1k ohm resistor
Relay Pin 30 to Ram WHITE/ Light Green Parking Light MUX wire
You can do a pre-test by just jumping the WHITE/ Light Green wire to chassis ground thru a 1.1k ohm resistor.
You might have to play around with the resistor value, either higher or lower, for reliable, proper operation.
Check out the 2006 Ram 1500 R/S pictorial. It is a slightly different truck but there are a lot of similarities.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=130085&tpn=1&PN=1
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic