the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar horn output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  
I need some quick help by those who know Compustar Units well. With the CM6000AS module, is there a setting that will allow me to keep the horn output for lock and unlock but NOT for security? In my opinion, audible alarms are completely useless because nobody pays attention to them anymore, so on my car I currently have the horn completely disconnected (no siren installed either) and simply use my Drone / remote 2 way alerts so that I am notified if the alarm goes off. I don't like having the horn connected because the horn on my car is extremely loud and I don't feel like wizing off my neighbors because of a false alarm. But I don't like not getting audible confirmation when the doors are locked (I don't usually carry my remote with me anymore and I have the Advanced Keys RFID keyless entry so I don't use a remote or my Drone to lock / unlock the doors... it's automatic).
Thanks in advance.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
No, only the other way round.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
I know the doorlock pulse is slightly longer than the horn output but what about programming it to the shortened duration and then just using lock and unlock to pulse horn
Advanced
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
You'd need to diode it away from the locks so you didn't sound the horn if you had auto locking.
You could also relay one side to give you a double pulse.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
I came up with a solution that will get me by. I used the parking light output of my Advance Key module (since the Compustar controls the parking lights) and connected it to a mini piazzo siren hidden behind the bumper. It gives me just enough audible confirmation. It doesn't work when unlocking via remote, but that's what the 2 way remote is for.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
BTW I am curious. How are you liking the Advance Key System? I have mine in my car and its working flawless. I wired it up to control my compustar system. Just did a 2005 Escalade last week
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
offroadzj 
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
I love it. There are a few minor glitches here and there but that is almost to be expected with new technology. My only gripe is with their tach sensing. It is a very small range and that is where most of my glitches have come from. I've done a few cars and they all seem to have the same glitch. It will sometimes over-crank when the vehicle is warm (lower idle). Other times it will crank the starter when trying to shut it down because it doesn't think the vehicle is running yet.
My only other gripe with it, which they have changed in the new systems, is the shut down. I have to hold mine for 2 seconds to shut it off (even with holding the brake). On the few occasions I stall my car (clutch needs to be replaced), it seems like an eternity to get it restarted since I have to hold it for 2 seconds, then release it, then press it again and wait for it to start. Although it may only be 3-5 seconds, it seems like a lot when you have people behind you... lol
The major issue my customers have had is with the remote start feature. Because of the low tach range, it is very inconsistent in almost any vehicle. So from now on I will probably just tell my customers that it is unreliable and that they are better off getting a dedicated remote start system for better reliability. I am an authorized Advance Keys dealer, so I have forwarded a few suggestions to them and they seem to have taken then and put them to good use. One of the issues I brought up with the older units was with the loose fuse connections and having the wires pull out. That seems to have been fixed on the new units.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
I know exactly what you mean with the tach signal. I have had that issue but when I have sold the system I always use a compustar 6000 brain with the drone. I do it as a packaged deal. It has not given me any issues to tell you the truth. I installed it on my 2004 jeep wrangler. It hasn't over cranked since the tach was programmed. I love the key takeover. It works the same as the newer cars. The newer units shut down fast with holding the brake. "FYI" someone else is in the works with a push button system but I don't wanna say who and I must say I am very excited.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
What is this push to start system that you speak of?
offroadzj 
Posted: July 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
www.advancedkeys.com
Complete shot in the dark here, but have you ever tried calling my shop enice? I had a few calls a while ago from a shop down in the city regarding the AK systems but the connection was always horrible and it would either not let me answer the call or the call would drop shortly after answering it... lol. Shoot me a PM with this new system you speak of...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic