icon

application suggestions for minivan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mmain1 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2012 Toyota Sienna SE. There is no OEM alarm or remote start, but we do have keyless entry and power doors. As I understand the factory Toyota remote start to work is unacceptable for me (cannot enter the vehicle without canceling the remote start and it must be restarted by key).
My first concern with an aftermarket system is maintaining easy operation of the sliding doors and liftgate. I realize this could be done using the aux outputs of an aftermarket system but in most cases accessing the aux controls is a pain and not very intuitive (aka wife friendly)
So I'm looking for a system that will allow me to add remote start while maintaining easy access to keyless entry and power door functions.
A couple of thoughts:
* Perhaps a system that has a keyfob that is an LCD display and can be programmed to include easy access to the power door (aux) buttons or just a keyfob that has easy access to the aux outputs (prestige fobs were this way)
* A system that can learn the button signals from the factory keyfob?
* Maybe adding a remote start only system that has a very small one-button keyfob (carrying two keyfobs is less than ideal).
* Smartphone driven is off the table. That is really cool for some uses but wouldn't want to use it on an everyday basis.
I am capable of installing the system, but I don't work in the industry so I'm not aware of all the products that are available.
Thanks for your suggestions ahead of time.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Is the Sienna PTS or does it have a standard key?
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
mmain1 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
It is a standard key.
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
I think this would be the best solution for this vehicle (and your wife) which would make it dummy proof and retain all of the keyless options along with adding a remote start. Also your vehicle will not shut down when you open the door. Use this remote start and this bypass module.
Make sure you use the factory lock wires that test with the key in the drivers door cylinder (unlock-factory alarm disarm & lock-factory alarm arm) for locks (DKP) and the tach can be found at the OBDII. Super easy vehicle.
mmain1 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Nice! Thanks for the info!
mmain1 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
pts760 wrote:
I think this would be the best solution for this vehicle (and your wife) which would make it dummy proof and retain all of the keyless options along with adding a remote start. Also your vehicle will not shut down when you open the door. Use this remote start and this bypass module.
@PTS760 (and others): I had an idea; if I combine the door slides to 1 function I would open up some possibilities. We only open the sliding doors via the remote for 1 reason, to let the heat out. So opening both doors at once isn't a deal breaker.
What if I went with a Python/Viper/Clifford system with the slim line remotes? Lock / Unlock / Remote Start / Aux (liftgate) / Func + Aux (open both doors). That sounds wife friendly.
Thoughts?
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
That sounds plausible if you only open the sliding doors to let the heat out. Just make sure that you diode isolate the Aux output from the DEI brain if you plan on controlling both doors at once.
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
I recommend avital 4113

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic