Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chardc 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2013 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  
Hi All,
I have a bit of a peril.
I am about to install new aftermarket headlights and tail lights with LEDs and CCFL. I recently installed the Viper 5901 (5704) alarm, along with an additional shock sensor, glass sensor and motion sensor.
Everything is wired correctly and working fine, however, I would like to utilize my turn signals instead of my parking lights for the alarm flashing feature, does anyone have any advice on how I can go about getting such done please?
I'm particularly concern about anything going wrong with my LEDs and CCFLs where the light flashing is concern, unless it is ok and no harm would come to them.
ChardC
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
Should be GREEN/ black GREEN/ YELLOW, test at the rear bulbs, pickup at steering column loom or driver floor loom, set the unit for POS output on the white wire, and diode separate, 2 x 1N5404 bands away from 5904.
Alternately pull the hazard switch, grounding one wire may l turn them on until that ground is removed.
If so make white wire NEG and connect directly to that wire.
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie, I will update the discussion later this evening. I need to find 2 x 1N5404 diodes :)
ChardC
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
No first you need to test your hazard switch. If I was correct you won't need two diodes.
chardc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Howie,
As always, your recommendations worked perfectly. The GREEN / WHITE wire at the back of the A/C Controller was tested and prove to be the 12v at rest when the indicator was inactive. Afterwards, the polarity on the 5901 was changed from + to -. The connection was then terminated between the two wires and it worked like a charm.
Thanks Howie.
Next step is the DRL module to control the CCFL separately with a photo sensor, bypassing the need to connect anything to my parking light wire.
ChardC

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic