icon

2002 Chevy Avalanche Sub Box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edollisjr 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2003 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know of a way to fit 2 Kicker L5 12'' subwoofers into an Avalanche. I am tryin to install them under the seats. If anyone has one or can build one email me at edollisjr@hotmail.com with pricing info.
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
there is not a lot of room under the seats of thes trucks...your best bet is to build a box that goes in the bed.....you have a factory cut through that is water proof so you might as well use it. the bed also has a cover and a lock on the tail gate.....i have a built one a while bake for 2 15 w 3's and it sounded really good.
then you can use the spot under the seats for amps and other stuff........if you need more details let me know
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
I just put 2 boxes under my seats. However, they are for 10" subs. I have 2 image dynamics idq10's so I was lucky since they required only a small amount of airspace. Each box has only .44 cubic feet of space. The boxes are rectangular. I also made mine removable so the midgate would still function. Believe me, I squeezed ever inch out of the room thats there. The L5's come with a recommended airspace of 1.5 cubic feet each. The avalanche also only gives you 11.25" of width under the right rear seat. Sorry, but I can't see ANY way of fitting 2 L5's under the seats. I would go with audiomechanic's suggestion with 12's, or find some 10's that require small airspace.
Dyer
edollisjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

2002 Chevy Avalanche Sub Box - Last Post -- posted image.

edollisjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
2002 Chevy Avalanche Sub Box - Last Post -- posted image.this is how i wanted it to post
edollisjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

https://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/349000-349999/349552_5.jpg

just check out the link cuz i can't get the picture thing to work

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic