icon

11 camry dball python 5704 won't rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scmedic84 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I'm having difficulties getting my Python 5704 wired to remote start my 2011 Camry with G Key using DBALL. I know the dball is flashed properly, because the alarm arms and disarms. Also, when I push the remote start button the light on the DBALL unit starts flashing green but nothing happens. I believe this might be caused by my confusion of start 1 and start 2, ignition 1 &2 with the wires from the Python unit. Anyone have any help would be greatly appreciated. Of course I tried to call directed, got the typical, we won't help you because you are self install of a product purchased from the internet...bla bla bla...
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT        Yellow + ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 6       
H3/2 RED / WHITE (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2       Black (30A) +    ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 5
H3/3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT White + ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 2  
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE) Blue + ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 7   ** cut
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)   Blue + ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 7 ** cut
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT   Black (30A) +    ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 5       
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY  Pink + ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 1
H3/8 PINK/BLACK FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A not used
H3/9 RED / BLACK FUSED (30A) ACC/STARTER INPUT     Black (30A) +    ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 5   
Extra 30/40 Amp SPDT Relay for Starter2
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to black (30A) +    ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 5 ( fuse @ 10 Amp )
Relay Pin 85 to H2/18 VIOLET / YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT   
Relay Pin 30 to Camry Starter2 - Gray (+) ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 3
There are a few other gothca's with the 5704. ( NSS wire & switch, etc)
Soldering is fun!
scmedic84 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2013 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks several steps mentioned here that weren't mentioned anywhere else! I'll have to pick up a relay...
scmedic84 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Also is there a better way to pull power than to tag all those large wires into the ignition switch?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
Several options:
1. If the vehicles ignition wires can all obtain sufficient power from that one 30 Amp wire at the ignition switch and the after-market system you are installing does not have
any unusual power needs, then you can combine the 4 or 5 power wires into one or two wires, with proper gauge and fusing, to connect to that one 30 Amp wire.
2. Usually Toyota's have a thick White or Black wire at the main under-dash fuse box that you can connect all the R/S's power wires.
3. You could always go to the battery.
On non-alarm systems where I use the (-) Parking Light wire, I go with option 1.
Alarm systems with extra features / modules, I go with option 2.
Option 3 is a PITA, with having to run a thick wire thru the firewall, etc.
Soldering is fun!
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
How is the DBALL wired up. D2d or W2W
scmedic84 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
D2d, but after the first response I know it's gotta be a problem with the ignition wired from python unit..if there are further problems when I get a chance to correctly wire per previous instructions I'll definitely let everyone know.... I think the relay may have been what was missing from directed's install manuals for both dball and python
scmedic84 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ok everything is togeather and running....the Relay was the key...However I do have one question... does anyone know the location/setup for the python to control the door locks and trunk release? Thanks again for all the help...
kreg357 
Posted: July 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
That's actually many questions... 11 camry dball python 5704 won't rs -- posted image.
Connect the Python's Green (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT to this vehicle wire :
Lock        Brown (driver door key lock) (-)       @ driver kick, white 25 pin plug, pin 16
Connect the Python's Blue (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT to this vehicle wire :
Unlock     Gray (driver door key unlock) (double - )    @ driver kick, white 25 pin plug, pin 8
Additionally, program the Python for a double unlock pulse output ( Menu 1, Item 6, Option 2 ).
This will unlock all the doors with one Python Unlock button press.
For the trunk release, you will need another 30/40 Amp SPDT relay with 10 Amp fuse.
First locate the Trunk Release motor wire which is BLACK (REV) located in the DRIVER KICK panel area.
You will have to cut this wire in an accessible area to make your relay connections.
Relay wiring at follows :
Relay Pin 85 to Python H2/5 RED / White (-) Trunk Release Output
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to +12V constant thru fuse
Relay Pin 87a to car side of cut Trunk Release wire   BLACK (REV) @ DRIVER KICK
Relay Pin 30 to trunk release motor side of cut Trunk Release wire   BLACK (REV) @ DRIVER KICK
Soldering is fun!
scmedic84 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks!...do you think wiring the door locks to the python unit will prevent the alarm from going off when the car is remote started while the doors are locked?  I know the DBALL unit  was wired to tell the python unit when to arm/disarm the factory alarm, but I guess it might only arm it....?  Thanks in advance...and this time I didn't say how many questions I was going to pose...LOL!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic