icon

compustar ezgo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cdninhh 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
I purchased a Compustar 6300A controller and an EZGO keyless entry kit. I now find out that in the instructions it says to flash the CM6300 module for the FT-EZGO firmware and to set option 1-14 to setting 3.
It appears that I will need to buy the OP 500 option programmer to set the option.
My question is, what about flashing the firmware? Is this a necessary step? Second, can I do this with the OP500?
Any help would be appreciated.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2013 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  
It all depends on where you got the module and what firmware is currently on it. Flashing it is not easy without an account with iDatalink. You do not HAVE to have the OP500 to set option 1-14... it can be done with the remote.... but it's a bit of a PITA.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
cdninhh 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Kenny,
thanks very much for the reply. I guess there is no way of know what the current firmware is without an OP 500. Also I do understand that you can set the options with a remote, but it appears that only 2 or 4 button remotes are capable of doing this and the FT-EZGO only has one button. I think my only option is the OP 500 in this case.
I regularly travel to NJ so maybe someone in a local shop, or one in Albany ;-) would do the flash and option set for me.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
The OP500 won't update the firmware. If you are in the Albany area I could flash the unit for your and change the option (and whatever other option you needed) but my shop hours are not your standard hours because I run my shop as a part time business in addition to my full time job. I'm not typically at my shop until 5pm during the week. But if you wanted to send it to me or set something up, I'd be happy to flash it for you.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
cdninhh 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kenny, I have sent you a PM.
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged  
I have made an account on idatalink (Just logged in, it's still working), and I am not any kind of dealer/retailer. I have also found out that as long as you have the USB updater cable you can update the module and program it (aside from the special options groups, mainly diesel and POC stuff)from idatalinks site even without a blade module, you just need the updater software/firmware ver 6.3 I think it was (you can double check in my topic I mentioned it there). I have done it.
also, if the module is installed already, there is a way to check what version is on it. I forget the proccedure but it is in the install/owners manual, It will make the parking lights flash a number of times and that is the version on the module; 1 flash is ver1.xx, 2 flashes is ver 2.xx and so on.
cdninhh 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2013 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately I don't have the USB updater cable either, but thanks for your reply.
cdninhh 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to tell everyone of the exceptional service Kenny at KKD Garage in Albany gives.
He did not know me at all, I was not nor most probably never will be a customer of his (I live in Thailand) and he went out of his way to flash and set the options at no charge on a Compustar unit I bought online.
Thanks Kenny, you are gentleman.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic