icon

choosing between mb quart mono amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2013 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hello there guys.. wondering if someone can help me.
I am about to pull the trigger to power a pair of subs I own, and would like some advice. The subs I have are 10" RE Audio D4's. I am looking for a 1 ohm amp to power them.
I am seeing different MB Quart Amps on Amazon.. and some don't have reviews, which is why I am here.
I found these..
MBQUART RA1000.1 Reference Series
http://www.amazon.com/MBQUART-RA1000-1-Reference-Car-Audio/dp/B00CJ1LDE0/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376070361&sr=1-6&keywords=MB+Quart+mono#productDetails
Weird thing about that is that Amazon doesn't say it's 1 ohm stable, but other sites say it is. Which is right?
Also found this..
MBQUART FX1.1000 Formula Mono Amplifier
http://www.amazon.com/MBQUART-FX1-1000-Formula-Mono-Amplifier/dp/B008DSBL36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376070719&sr=8-1&keywords=mb+quart+amp+mono
And this..
MBQUART RM1000.1 Reference Series Car Audio MYKRO
http://www.amazon.com/MBQUART-RM1000-1-Reference-Series-Audio/dp/B00D3PTMT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376071336&sr=8-1&keywords=MYKRO#productDetails
Between those three, which is better? Are they truly 1 ohm stable? Are there other MB Quart amps that I am missing? I originally was going to get Rockford Amps, but I've had luck with MB Quart stuff in the past, and plus they are much cheaper too.
Can someone give me some advice? Thanks!
nyguy4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2013 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
anyone? lol
nyguy4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2013 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
and while on the subject.. I originally was going to get the Rockford 1000 watt amp. I know Rockford is a better amp, but is it REALLY that much better than the MB Quarts? Am I really going to hear a huge difference?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2013 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
if you arent sure of the specs on amazon, why not try going to MB Quart's web site and get them straight from the horses mouth. you may have to download the manual of the amp in question to get the full specs.
i try not to get caught up too much with which brand is better than another brand, in general every brand makes good stuff and junk at the same time, very few brands make only high end equipment. let the price be your guide because you usually get what you pay for. as far as the difference in the quality of audio you probably wont notice a big difference because it will be a bass amp for sub woofers but the more expensive amps will have other features besides just being a certain wattage. these other features like variable crossovers and bass boost and sub-sonic filters can be used to to tune the sound you get and help the sub blend better with the rest of your system.
a higher price will usually reflect a better build quality too, for example, the cheaper amps will be made with bare the minimum parts to get the output the amp is rated for. doing this will usually make the amp easier to break under stressful conditions like high heat or the possible scenario where you suddenly have a blown speaker and the amp is still trying to power that speaker, without a good protection circuit that blown speaker can also take your amp out with it and now you are without a sub and amp.
im not saying this will certainly happen, ive seen plenty of cheap amps out-live very expensive ones but usually it is the other way around.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic