icon

2004 jeep grand cherokee 4103lx xk01 amdl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like flobee and kreg have given you all the information you would need, but I'll throw a little bit in here. Sorry if I seem kind of random...in a bit of a rush to get out of the house.
---You don't need XK01, transponder bypass, tach, hood, brake, etc. just to see if the remote starter works. Unplug XK01, insert a valid key in the ignition, leave 4103 in "virtual tach" mode, and try the remote starter. If it doesn't work, find and fix whatever's wrong before you bother with anything else.
---Zip-tying key to steering column won't work for you. If that car sees two keys at the same time, it won't start. So what will happen is you'll have one key already tied near the ignition switch, and one more in your hand. When you try to start with the key, it'll crank, die, and the yellow security light in the cluster will flash.
You'll want to either buy a universal key-in-the-box bypass, or make your own using wire and a relay.
---Window rollup: How does the XK01 work? Does it say to lock the doors twice to roll up the windows? Whomever designed the 4103 thought they were so super smart and clever.....but they did something that screwed you. The system only lets you lock the doors one time with the 4103 remote; it's impossible to lock them twice. Just test the green lock output and you'll see.
You could go to wire-to-wire and program the 4103 for double-pulse lock, but then the windows will go up EVERY time you lock the doors, whether you want it or not.
You could also, again, go w2w, connect green lock AND RED / white trunk to the lock input on the XK01..... try to press Lock and then quickly press and hold Trunk and see if that'll be fast enough to make the windows go up. I'm not sure if it will be fast enough, but you could try.
---XK01 and D2D: D2D is getting less and less terrible over the years. (Note: I won't use the word "better," because the truth is that our industry released a non-working feature, and only after years of our complaining have they made a half-hearted effort to make it partially work.)
Anyway.....you may or may not be interested in the back story, but there was a Canadian company, Trilogix, that made a lot of bypass modules, including the XK01. The whole XK line, the GMDLBP, was all Trilogix.
Then, for what I think are some complicated legal and patent reasons (I really don't know any details), Directed Electronics bought Trilogix, renamed it, and then........ well, they keep making the old Trilogix stuff, they buy and rebadge a bunch of stuff from Fortin, and then every now and then they'll make something all by themselves, like the DB-ALL.
So what'll happen is (sorry for the long story), if you call for tech support to get D2D to work properly on the XK01, they'll only help a little bit, if at all, since it's really just an old product they inherited from Trilogix.
So basically, if you get D2D to work, that's great. It really does work most of the time. But if it doesn't, don't expect the manufacturer to fix it for you.
P.S. I've encountered the same window problem you did, although it was in my father's 2000 LeSabre. Same module, but Audiovox alarm/starter in D2D. Same as you have, this older Audivox system will only lock the doors once, and in D2D all inputs to the XK01 are disabled. Neither manufacturer was interested in helping me. I would have had to rip the installation apart and make it wire-to-wire at my own expense, if I wanted the windows feature to work.
jcconnell 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Late update:
Tinkered for the remainder of the day. Door lock/unlock and remote start features work like a charm using D2D.
Comfort Closure and the hatch do not work. I also cannot program the XK01.
Tried W2W again. Absolutely no response whatsoever when configured using W2W. Not sure why. I tried W2W to attempt to program the XK01.
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Avital 4103LX XK01 AMDL
jcconnell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I've had about enough as I can stand to take with this installation. I've wasted countless hours troubleshooting this combo using both D2D and W2W. I can't handle it anymore. It seems I'm getting reduced functionality at this point. The valet mode does not even work (not 100% sure it worked in the past, I took it on a short trip and the vehicle may have still been on the remote start timer).
So, it light of my new experiences, I'd like to know of the forums suggested setup for my vehicle. I'll install it myself. If I could keep the Avital that would be great, but if there is a better option, please let me know why.
Avital 4103LX XK01 AMDL
jcconnell 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Well, Amazon graciously returned the cost of the 4103LX after mentioning I had an issue. Didn't even ask, just sent an email and woke up in the AM with a refund.
I've also mentioned the problems with the XK01 and the seller is willing to accept a return as well.
So, where should I go from here. Please recommend an alarm system and a bypass module.
Avital 4103LX XK01 AMDL
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic