icon

clarion double din cage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
handyguy7 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2013 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
I bought a car that doesn't typically have a double din radio, but by using the dash panels from another model, can be made to use a DD. Anyways, this car came with a NEW Clarion DUZ385SAT stereo. Was in a box, the clear covering still on the display, harness still new and wrapped, etc., but no mounting cage. I couldn't find a part number anywhere for a cage for this model and the ones I did find, listed a 2DBKT, like
THIS
Will this take the place of the cage or is this just a universal install trim panel?
If not....does anyone know where I can get a cage for this? Thanks in advance clarion double din cage - Last Post -- posted image.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2013 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
what car? if the clarion doesnt come with a cage then it might not be compatible with a cage, just because it fits around the radio doesnt mean it will lock in securely and that can be dangerous. depending on what car you are referring to you might be able to find a certain dash kit that also takes care of mounting the radio. sometimes i make my own mounting brackets on the side of the radio and mount it directly to the opening.
handyguy7 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2013 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure if it came with a cage or not. This unit is definitely new, but not in its original box, so no way to tell.
There wont be a kit for this car because it never came with a double din opening - its something some people do by using another model's dash panels (that had double din). I fabbed one several years back to move my climate controls down low and add 3 VDO gauges up top.
But I kind of figure I may have to make my own - BTDT before. I may even get the kit I linked to just to have a fascia to use for the opening/custom trim.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2013 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
The kit looks pretty universal. Crutchfield sells it also. You can read their reviews there. They even have pictures of what comes in the box as well as it being installed on a Pioneer radio. Here's the link to that:
Pictures
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2013 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, and according to Crutchfield, that Clarion didn't come with a DD cage.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2013 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
i wanted to know what car because a lot of times you can frankenstein a kit from other kits and it can be better than just sticking it in a universal trim that you will have to cut and make fit. ive taken single din kits before and cut the middle out to make a double din trim thats vehicle specific.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Clarion double din headunits do not come with a cage. they are only able to be iso-mounted which the majority of mounting kits are set up that way anyhow

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic