icon

09 silverado bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nomadicjoe 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2013 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone I am a new member here and I have a 2009 Silverado 1500 LT. I just bought a Prestige APS997C (for a song) and would like to install it myself. I am a mechanic by trade so the wiring is not a problem but the part I am confused about is the data bypass. I would like to know what kind of bypass I need and a recommendation for an online vendor where I could purchase one. The thing that is throwing me is if any bypass will interface with any alarm or if there are differences between brands. Also I cant figure out what "premium package" means when pertaining to my truck. How do I know if it is a premium package or not? My main concerns are reliability and ease of installation. I would like to cut into the truck's factory harnesses as little as possible. Any advice would be appreciated.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2013 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
I like the idatalink bypasses   easy installation and Reliable. I don't buy online but whoever you buy from make sure its gets flashed with the correct firmware.   (DL-GM10) if you go to idatalink.com and put in your trucks info it will bring up the compatible bypasses and install guides.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2013 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
X2 with chev104275.   ADS w/GM-10 firmware is a good choice.
Not sure if I can post some online sources but they are out there. Even EBay has some but do your normal EBay "due diligence" with any vendor.
Soldering is fun!
nomadicjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2013 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies guys. I was confused when I went to some of the manufacturers websites because they were asking if the truck was a premium package without explaining what that ment. But from your posts I gather that the correct firmware is the gm10.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2013 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Just a quick update. The DL GM-10 firmware is in the KLON category and requires a special programming step during actual vehicle installation. This step is above and beyond the firmware flash so this module might not be appropriate for the DIYer.
Soldering is fun!
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2013 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Dlpk works great and doesn't need a program flashed into it
nomadicjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I ended up getting the ads al ca and a programming cable. This may be a dumb question but the wiring diagram I downloaded from idatalink for my 2009 silverado shows a legend with different wiring for one way, and two way data mode. How does this apply to the install of the prestige aps997c? Do I need to find out if this is a one way or 2 way and connect between the alarm and data module according to these diagrams or is the data cable the only wiring between the two that I need? In case you need to know the ads came with 2 small data cables one had 2 identical black connectors, the other one had one red and one black. The red and black cable is the one that connected to my alarm.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
The idatalink module would need to be programmed to speak the same data "language" the Prestige systems speak if you want to connect it in data mode. You also need a dealer account with iDatalink to flash the module (or purchase it from a retailer that can flash it for you). The Prestige units work on the DBI protocol and the ADS module is programmed by default to their own D2D language. The are not compatible with each other. The module would have to be programmed in DBI mode first.
Otherwise, you can just hook up each wire from the Prestige system to each corresponding wire on the ADS unit and run it that way. That's what is known as W2W or wire-to-wire.
nomadicjoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. I reflashed to DBI-AL(DL)-GM10-EN firmware and downloaded the install guide.   Now I can use data mode (2-way) and all that needs to be connected between the datalink module and the alarm/remote start is the data cable with one red end and one black end. Is that correct?
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
That's correct. All the functions that show up on the install guide for the ADS module "should" work via data to/from the Prestige system now.
I read somewhere that some of those Prestige systems have trouble recognizing the door trigger via data so I would test everything to make sure it works right.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic