icon

ultra start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atppf 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
First off, nice forum. I have been browsing for some time now, lots of good info here.
I have some questions for you all.
I am thinking of taking on remote starters again and Ultra Start is the type I'm thinking of going with.
Who all is using Ultra Start?
What are your thoughts on Ultra Start remote starters?
If some of you have used Ultra Start before and have switched to another brand...why??
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
I use Ultra Start ( U1272 ) as my entry level Remote Start w/ Keyless Entry systems. They are very nice basic systems. They had a lot of new features when they first came out but most of the other companies have added them as well. ( Things like Hyper Blue LEDs built into the antenna and a very good Tach recognition and Learn system. ) They are very easy to program with the remotes. The remotes are fairly sturdy and have decent range. Think I've had only one unit with a out-of-the-box issue.
As far as draw-backs, the programming options and features are somewhat limited. Only 2 AUX outputs, no comfort closure, limited (-) ignition outputs for relays & extra ignition wires, etc.
An installer really has to match the remote starter's features and capabilities to the vehicles needs. Most vehicles can be usually be done with a U1272 but with certain vehicle's and customer requests dictate the use of a different brand. My other brand is Compustar and they can handle a wider variety of vehicles and provide many styles of remotes. If you are looking for one company to do it all, Compustar has the CS-700 series as the low end and the CM6x00 series for anything else.
As usual, it's a matter of personal preference. Basically, what you feel comfortable with. A quality install can make almost any system perform well. Nowadays, the main focus should be on the bypass module. More and more, they are the heart of the install. A good module will save you time and earn you many referrals, and a bad bypass will cause you nothing but grief.
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic