2004 f150 viper 5704 and dball problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
billd56 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2013 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I am running into some trouble programming the DBALL unit in my 2004 F150. I am following the programming instructions and after inserting both keys and turning to the on position the light on the DBALL unit remains solid red instead of flashing orange. Both keys are factory originals. The xloader2 was used to flash the standard config onto the unit and when plugged back into the computer the correct info appears.
The Dball is wired D2D with the viper unit. The viper unit is hooked up as kreg357 outlines in this post: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=130430&DIR=P&fid=3. Everything on the alarm side seems to be working perfect. All joints are properly spliced an soldered.
The wiring for the DBALL is hooked up as follows:
10 pin harness - pin 9 pink to ignition harness dark blue/light green
12 pin harness - pin 10 yellow/black to PATS Harness TX WHITE/ light green
Pin 11 ORANGE / black to PATS harness RX grey/orange
14 pin harness - pin 7 brown to ignition harness BLACK/ pink (keysense)
pin 8 yellow to 12V
Pin 11 yellow/red to 12V
If anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I tried to include as much info as I could but if I'm missing any important details let me know.
I found a lot of conflicting info as to how to tell if the truck had factory security. I did the window down, lock doors with remote, open door with inside handle test and no horns or light were flashing so I assumed it didn't have a factory system. So any advice with regards to this would be appreciated as well.
Thanks in advance.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2013 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you tested for factory alarm correctly, Type 2 is only for vehicles with an alarm, use type 1 for vehicles with no alarm.

I would go w2w and follow type 1, it's just ignition/rx/tx.  If that doesn't work swap your rx/tx wires and try programming again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic