icon

python450hf remote relearn procedure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
_5yearplan 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2013 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, all. I know its an older model but I have 96 cavalier that has power locks and a python 450hf remote start installed, that came without a remote. I bought a new one and have scoured the interweb in search for the relearn procedure. The remote is a DEI 2 button 491T I believe. I tried the method of pushing the valet switch once then pushing and holding it for 10 sec or so (never heard a chirp from the alarm)and pressed the I button on the remote... door open key on. So I thought Id post on here to see if anyone knows the appropriate procedure, also any wiring diagrams would be helpful, while I try to see if its actually hooked up to the horn. I have already checked the fuses and Grounds. Also, when the BCM commands the door locks I hear the DEI door lock relay click dont know if thats helpful or not as i am unsure if it gets the signal from the brain. Thanks for your time.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2013 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

search the downloads/manuals section of this site for the 552t manual.

its pretty much the same thing.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
_5yearplan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you. I DL'ed the instructions and the procedure is the same as the one i've tried. I checked all of the power and ground supplies, now i will have to see if the horn is connected and/or probe the horn out (-) to see if it responds when I try again.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
if its been "program locked" by a bitwriter it wont program but it will let you know its locked by doing a long horn honk when you try.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
_5yearplan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well its not locked, I cut the zip-ties pulled the brain down so I could do some testing and found an LED tied up with the wiring bundle where I couldn't see it. I successfully programed the remote to lock/unlock but the remote start (ch 3) didn't seem to respond, then the lock/unlock didn't work. I reprogrammed it again and it works sporadically. I'll get a new battery tomorrow. Thanks for all the help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic